aberdeen-music

Fish: Cafe Drummonds, 7th October

If the gigs not starting till late on i'll probably leave Elgin at 6 so be in Aberdeen 7.30 ish.

Yeah i did watch the Tv show so i do know what you look like so i'll see you there :up:

Did you see the amount of early Marillion stuff on ebay by the way - some great stuff on there especially the early Marquee T-shirts.

Oh and Frosty i know thats not Stuart in the pic - i actually own the single!!!!! :love: ( it came free with the xmas dvd )

I did theres some stuff I really fancied on it but have you seen the prices ? the backstage pass for the forthcoming tour is at 940 !

Cheers

Stuart

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuckin' awesome gig!! I'm not going to be able to speak for about a week. Feels like i've been eating broken glass!

GNS tonight though' date=' what a weekend!! :D[/quote']

Im off to JJ Gilmour at the Loft tonight, should be really good :up:

You playing Ocean next saturday?, Snowdog.

I might just see you there :up:

Man I didn't expect the gig to be so packed even after selling out. That was an awesome gig and it was a treat seeing Misplaced Childhood from start to finish. Fish's voice was great

I can say that however good the Aberdeen gig was the Glasgow one was about 20x better. Fish really didnt enjoy the Aberdeen one, a lot because of the stress of losing Tonksy until 15 minutes before he was due on (he told this story and it certainly wasnt an exageration as I went to the airport to pick him up and we got there about 15 mins before they came onstage) and also because of the heckles by those guys to start with. usually it doesnt bother me but easily the most ambient noise I've ever heard in a gig, which was really off putting.

Glasgow was amazing, it was great seeing Emma playing to an appreciative audience and a sold out Glasgow Garage, couldnt believe he sold that one out too, and they reckoned they had had enough enquiries that they could have sold another 200 tickets minimum. Fish also played Market Square Heores in Glasgow which was incredible. An amazing 2 gigs but Glasgow better by a country mile.

Cheers

Stuart

I can say that however good the Aberdeen gig was the Glasgow one was about 20x better. Fish really didnt enjoy the Aberdeen one' date=' a lot because of the stress of losing Tonksy until 15 minutes before he was due on (he told this story and it certainly wasnt an exageration as I went to the airport to pick him up and we got there about 15 mins before they came onstage) and also because of the heckles by those guys to start with. usually it doesnt bother me but easily the most ambient noise I've ever heard in a gig, which was really off putting.

Glasgow was amazing, it was great seeing Emma playing to an appreciative audience and a sold out Glasgow Garage, couldnt believe he sold that one out too, and they reckoned they had had enough enquiries that they could have sold another 200 tickets minimum. Fish also played Market Square Heores in Glasgow which was incredible. An amazing 2 gigs but Glasgow better by a country mile.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

I dont suppose you meant to do it but you've just tarnished the Aberdeen gig for me Stuart.

The last time i saw Fish in Dingwall, i thanked him for playing Elgin again the night before and he told me straight out he needn't have bothered.

I was a bit miffed at him to say the least but whatever but hearing you mention Fish opinions about Aberdeen has brought it all back X(

Yeah that guy at the start was a bit of a prick

i think with all the stress about Tonksy not getting there in time and the to come onto the guys at the start it had all conspired against the gig for Fish, I did think his way of coming back was funny though.

Drunk Guy: Fish Fish, my sister says you were the best thing ever...

Fish: I never touched your sister...

(This going on for a minute or 2, next song...)

DG: Fish, yeah, yeah etc

Fish: Look Pal can you shut up, they paid to hear me, not you

DG continually shouting...

Fish: right, lets make a deal you shut up and I get on with the gig

DG: Yeah

They shook hands on it...

End of the next song

DG: Yeah Wooh Fish, Fish, Fish

Fish: You broke our deal, hands up here who here thinks this guys an asshole

the whole crowds hands shoot up

Fish: Take a look around you thats a lot of hands, think about it.

It was a good gig, Glasgow next night he brought an inflatable sheep onstage with him which was he said a reference to Aberdeen and he said he felt more scared walking down Union Street than he had in Bosnia, and compared Aberdeen to Mordor. Hopefully though the fact it was a sold out gig might make him come back sooner rather than later.

Cheers

Stuart

Couldnt see him from where i was' date=' but he wasnt there at the end of the gig so he was possibly ejected, you'd be a bravwe man to actually argue with Fish.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

He was ejected thats what i was trying to point out to you during the gig, but you thought i was trying to signal how good the gig was :D

Hecklers can make a gig and its Fish's interactions with them that can make some of his gigs so special' date=' but you could see the Heckler had roamed too far by the pure Venom from Fish's mouth.

Everyone theres for the music and the banter but not at the expense of the gig :nono:[/quote']

He dealt with it well to start with but the guy just wouldnt shut up, and with the pressure of the drummer thing, and with Taz there which i think was another issue for him, it was just a step too far.

Cheers

Stuart

isnt that the guy who works there?

Different guy, I should also make clear that although I said the Glasgow Fish gig was better I did not mean to take anything away from the Aberdeen gig which was also very good. A friend of mine who has seen Fish well over 100x said that the Glasgow gig was the best UK Fish gig in over 10 years. Aberdeen was still the best Aberdeen gig I've been to this year, and I've seen a few. Drummonds and its staff were admirable and although I would have liked a bit more space, thats the problem with a sold out gig :) Special kudos to the venue for being flexible enough to allow for late drummers etc, not sure many other venues could have/would have coped with that :)

Cheers

Stuart

Drunk Guy: Fish Fish' date=' my sister says you were the best thing ever...

Fish: I never touched your sister...

(This going on for a minute or 2, next song...)

DG: Fish, yeah, yeah etc

Fish: Look Pal can you shut up, they paid to hear me, not you

DG continually shouting...

Fish: right, lets make a deal you shut up and I get on with the gig

DG: Yeah

They shook hands on it...

End of the next song

DG: Yeah Wooh Fish, Fish, Fish

Fish: You broke our deal, hands up here who here thinks this guys an asshole

the whole crowds hands shoot up

Fish: Take a look around you thats a lot of hands, think about it.

[/quote']

That was quality!

did he play kayleigh? im named after that so if he did ill be rather annoyed i missed this

Since it is the second track on Misplaced Childhood then yes :p

fish gig

:D i was lucky getting a ticket and am so glad i did. a smashin gig but as reports say the two at the front were just that....twats! would have liked to hear fugazi or forgotton sons as encore rather than what we got.incommunicado aint a bad song though.overall...chuffed!!