aberdeen-music

Fish: Cafe Drummonds, 7th October

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word has it this will be the worst gig ever...

Word has it this will be an incredible gig, all depends whose word you listen to.

If you're not into that style of music then you probably wont enjoy it, if you like a good rock show and enjoyed the Misplaced Childhood album, and Fish never fails to put on a good show.

This will be my 29th time seeing Fish and I think in all that time I've only seen 4 gigs that werent brilliant, they were just OK.

Cheers

Stuart

if only he was planning to play some Clutching at Straws!

All the same this will be special for me. As a teenager I listened so much to stuff like Blind Curve, in fact so many of the images in that are indeliably tied to Aberdeen. The "tower blocks" in Heart of Lothian always conjure up an image to me of the ones at the top of Union Street, and the "Friday night down at the Club" always makes me think of Martin's Bar for some reason.

Blimey I'm gonna get so wasted that night.

if only he was planning to play some Clutching at Straws!

All the same this will be special for me. As a teenager I listened so much to stuff like Blind Curve' date=' in fact so many of the images in that are indeliably tied to Aberdeen. The "tower blocks" in Heart of Lothian always conjure up an image to me of the ones at the top of Union Street, and the "Friday night down at the Club" always makes me think of Martin's Bar for some reason.

Blimey I'm gonna get so [b']wasted that night.

wasted, i've never been so wasted, i've never been this far out before - ahem :O

...sorry i couldn't resist it :jester:

Aha! If I had a tenner for every time me and a mate of mine have chanted that as we stumbled home from Windmill Brae!

For me though THE moment on that LP is the section of Childhood Haunts about "retracing all the problems that you ever knew."

Fuck I can't wait for this gig.

Nah I prefer... :

"I remember Toronto when Mylo went down

And we sat and cried on the phone

I never felt so alone

He was the first of our own

Some of us go down in a blaze of obscurity

Some of us go down in a haze of publicity

The price of infamy, the edge of insanity

Another Holiday Inn, another temporary home

And an interviewer threatened me with a microphone

'Talk to me, won't you tell me your stories."

So I talked about conscience and I talked about pain

And he looked out the window and it started to rain

I thought maybe I've already gone crazy

So I reached for a bottle and he reached for the door

And I picked up the sleeping pills crushed on the floor

Inviting me to a casual obscenity. "

I will be at this one and the Glasgow one too :)

It'll certainly be a very special gig MC done live in Aberdeen for the first time in 20 years, I was lucky enough to see him doing it at Enchede but this'll be 100x better.

Cheers

Stuart

Funny I was listening to MC on the train to Edinburgh on my way to see the MC comedy show and it struck me for the first time how good that Mylo bit is, the last verse especially. Sometimes with his lyrics you don't notice the simple and poignant ones so much amidst the clever word plays...the line about "maybe I've already gone crazy" when you listen out for it is pretty chilling.

So yeah i think i will ..... do something else when gerry jablonski is on

There are Fish fans coming from all over the world for this gig as its the first in ther main Return to Childhood Tour and we're all going to Slains I think first for drinks so come for that :p Fish'll probably pop in after soundcheck,

Cheers

Stuart