aberdeen-music

Fish: Cafe Drummonds, 7th October

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was standing next to the two hecklers and no neither had dreds. Before Fish came on they were a groping a woman next to them and she told the bouncers who knew them and was giving them a second chance. Then they nearly got into a fight with another guy nearby they were pushing into. Then the shouting when Fish came on, they really did do their best to ruin it for me. They both got taken out by the bouncers in the end, one a few minutes after the other. They seemed fanatical fans so why they were doing this was beyond me. They'd already nabbed him on his way in and managed to piss him off then too.

Not a great gig in my book, lousy sound, wobbly playing and a rather sour atmosphere. Lack of Fish's usual anecdotes between tracks, it seemed the whole thing had really f***ed him off. I would have thought too that as this was a "Return to" gig a little bit of an introduction to the MC album or memories of 1985 and the stories that accompanied those heady heights would have been nice...

• 6 months later...

For anyone who enjoyed this gig Fish has just released his return To Childhood live album, it is the same set as was played that night and is available rather cheaply from Asda for 8.97 whioch isnt bad for a nice double cd. The set is exactly the smae except without the banter and the inclusion of Fugazi. Not a bad recording and a good souvenir if you enjoyed the set.

Misplaced Childhood Live

Cheers

Stuart

chortle chortle chortle

so whens the 30th anniversary of Script?

Sod that I want the 20th anniversary of Clutching at Straws, and then a 20 year anniversary of Vigil.

Still I'll settle for the Haddington Convention this year where he's said he'll play Chelsea Monday acoustically again :) That's when we're trying to get him up, just before the Convention.

Cheers

Stuart

I would prefer a 25th Anniversary Script tour myself :up:

We wouldn't have so long to wait :woohoo:

As long as he plays Grendel...

That'd be 2008, so a 20th Clutching next year and maybe a new album if he can be arsed and then a 25 Script with the original band seems to be the way forward...

Cheers

Suart

I heard Dave Innes - who played with Gerry Jablonski' date='Midge Ure etc etc etc is playing drums[/quote']

Yep, he is, I was at his first gig at the Hibs Supporters Club, he sounded pretty good too, Fish had mentioned to me he was from up here but I hadnt heard of him.

Cheers

Stuart