aberdeen-music

Sod it, why not? Anyone from Robert Gordon's?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Nae surprises there.

What's up with the music department? It was the only stuff I enjoyed when I was there, mind you, that was from 1985-1992. Must've been the way Miss Ramsay played the recorder................

Miss Ramsay = coolest music teacher ever.

She left in '98 (?) though. Boo.

Bob's referring to the current music dept of McColgan (used to be Miss Shand), Innes and Haggart. Although to be honest it was just Innes I had problems with, and that was only in 6th year due to my lack of attendance at the pissy shit string orchestra.

it was Rhonda Mc Colgan i didnt get on with, but in a fairness, i never helpedmatters, but she was just a complete two-faced bitch. end. Kev Cormack, Les Innes and Mr Haggert were all decent guys, i kinda miss school band on a tuesday afternoon, honking out the same movie soundtrack arrangements and wind band versions of other equaly aweful songs for years and years. The tours were awesome though.

Italy was slightly smelly though..

Bob

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Miss Ramsay = coolest music teacher ever.

She left in '98 (?) though. Boo.

Bob's referring to the current music dept of McColgan (used to be Miss Shand)' date=' Innes and Haggart. Although to be honest it was just Innes I had problems with, and that was only in 6th year due to my lack of attendance at the pissy shit string orchestra.

[/color']

Miss Ramsay single-handedly made my adolescence bearable, and I sure wasn't the only one, especially if it was a cold day.

I only know Innes from that lot, the weaselly little bastard stole my talking toy thing, you pulled it's head, and when the cord went back in, it said all manner of weird stuff. I set it off in class, and the fucker stole it. The miserable little shit.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
it was Rhonda Mc Colgan i didnt get on with' date=' but in a fairness, i never helpedmatters, but she was just a complete two-faced bitch. end. Kev Cormack, Les Innes and Mr Haggert were all decent guys, i kinda miss school band on a tuesday afternoon, honking out the same movie soundtrack arrangements and wind band versions of other equaly aweful songs for years and years. The tours were awesome though.

Italy was slightly smelly though..

Bob[/quote']

Marilyn Lowdon still there, or has she retired?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
If its the same Mrs Lowden' date=' the German and French teacher, she did retire, but according to my sister, she is still working at the school filling in for someone.

Mr Harley.. now there was slightly odd one.[/quote']

Yeah, that's the one, she didn't like me at all during my schooldays, I just wasn't interested, but in later years she often shopped at my local Asda, where I worked, and she was fine. One time I told her I was graduating next week and she nearly shrieked the place down! I knew it would surprise her, but thankfully there was no fine glass around or she'd have shattered it.

Harley was indeed a strange one, someone drew a "Harley Joystick control" on one of the desks, left direction was "Wipe hands on curtain", another was "Look through keyhole into Monty's room", I forget the others. Always cracked me up.

Is Mrs. Johnstone still there? That woman seemed to get pregnant every year.

Mr Harley.. now there was slightly odd one.

mr harley's a right oddball. With all his water locked up in the filing cabinet. Heh... particularly funny when he covers his ears when the bell rings... However he did play in a band... can't remember it's name... You're not allowed to ask him any personal quetions, he made that clear on the first day. :nono:

Mrs Lowdon retired last year, she was an absolute gem of a human being :) I never had her as a teacher, but she was always just so lovely and easy to chat to.

Mr Harley who always left his windows wide open, even during winter when it was snowing outside... brrrr.... yes, a strange one indeed.

However he did play in a band... can't remember it's name...:

Does that mean he actually did or is it akin to the "don't complain about the cold in my classroom, try sitting at the bottom of a mountain in Siberia with one broken leg and no food for three days like I did" type stories?

I just finished 6th year... I reckon Dr Girdwood deserves a mention :D and Mr Alford, who was sadly only with us for a short while, was also most amusing. Then there's Miss McNaught, I think one time she filmed us getting changed.

Oh, and I kind of fancied Mr Luby when I was in S2. :O

Oh' date=' and I kind of fancied Mr Luby when I was in S2. :O[/quote']

That's the funniest thing i've ever heard! I use to drive that man crazy by asking him where god lived.

Dr Girdwood has to be one of my favourite teachers. My standard grade class consisted of eight people so we never did any work. He once let the guys tie me to a desk by my shoe laces.. i wasn't impressed.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Then there's Miss McNaught' date=' I think one time she filmed us getting changed. [/quote']

Hmm, no surprises there.

Falconer was even worse. Before it went co-ed, he used to make all of us take off our trunks and dry off poolside, said it "would save the cleaners work". As the only hairy P7 pupil, I felt a tad self-conscious. You don't know any better at that age, but I reckon that nonce deserves payback. He shortly retired through "ill-health".

And as for the fate of "Belly" Simpson...........

Guest Jake Wifebeater
It's true' date=' Miss McNaught did actually used to perve on the girls when changing from swimming, I hated that woman...[/color']

The foxy shell-suit did nothing for you, then?