aberdeen-music

Mendeed Cancelled???

routing problems? Can they not read a map?

Saw Mendeed at the Underworld at the start of the month' date=' wasn't really impressed.

The support bands on the other hand were amazing Scurge featured the new Raging Speedhorn guitarist and were pure Sludge :up:

But main support Malefice were flippin' amazing there singer held the crowd like a younger Phil Anselmo they certainly would go down well up here. Heavy as hell and much crowd movement - NICE :rockon:

Check out the above links and see what you think.

Taken directly from Mendeed's website...

Anyone shed any light on this??

:help:

yup, I can. Mendeed would have had to travel for around 8 - 10 hours to do the aberdeen show. Obviously under those circumstances they would not have been able to give 100%

I decided to leave posting a message for as long as I could to maintain interest in the show.

yup' date=' I can. Mendeed would have had to travel for around 8 - 10 hours to do the aberdeen show. Obviously under those circumstances they would not have been able to give 100%

I decided to leave posting a message for as long as I could to maintain interest in the show.[/quote']

So is the show still going ahead, if so what is the confirmed line-up?

Mendeed would have had to travel for around 8 - 10 hours to do the aberdeen show. Obviously under those circumstances they would not have been able to give 100%

fuckin pussys. razorwire travelled 10 hours to play aberden, still played ace and drove back to stoke same night. how would they last in america or europe if they cant handle long drives?

yup' date=' I can. Mendeed would have had to travel for around 8 - 10 hours to do the aberdeen show. Obviously under those circumstances they would not have been able to give 100%

[/quote']

What the fuck does that mean?! Just cos they have a long journey to get to the gig they're postponing it? Why did they bother to book it in the first place? As Kirk said, there's a lot of band's I've seen who've had to travel a lot further and still tear the house down. Direct Control came over from Holland (via the USA) to Dundee with a bassist who'd only just learnt 5 or 6 songs the day before. They managed to play a set but a band from Glasgow can't?

What the fuck does that mean?! Just cos they have a long journey to get to the gig they're postponing it? Why did they bother to book it in the first place? As Kirk said' date=' there's a lot of band's I've seen who've had to travel a lot further and still tear the house down. Direct Control came over from Holland (via the USA) to Dundee with a bassist who'd only just learnt 5 or 6 songs the day before. They managed to play a set but a band from Glasgow can't?[/quote']

to be fair, this was the fault of the booking agent, who did say she was sorry, got to give an agent credit for being honest. Yeah, its a pain and bookings should be honoured but as you know it does not always go to plan.

Shame the gig isnt happening anyway Paul. There are still 3 bands who could draw a decent enough crowd but well Im not in charge of a venue.

yup, I would agree, two of them decided that they did not want to play if Mendeed were not playing, a shame really, as It could have been an enjoyable night.

hey ho though.

looking to get the show resheduled for the start of October, when it does, you still up for it?