aberdeen-music

Justin Hawkins' Sparks cover

Afro Droid

BUT BUT BUT

Mike Patton covered it also.

And Mike Patton's version is IDENTICAL

Am i going mad or has nobody else noticed this.

It's nae identical. 'Mike Patton's version was actually Faith No More Vs Sparks, and it had a far harder sound to it. It is also played a good bit faster than Justins version. In the S.V.F.N.M. version the vocals are shared between the bloke from sparks and Patton so there is a high pitched/ growling dynamic as opposed to Hawkins falsetto all the way through sound. Obviously its the same tune but I think they sound pretty different.

Hawkins version is an embarrasment. It's truly terrible. And no amount of darts - orientated videoage will cover that up.

The Sparks vs Faith No More version on the other hand is a truly amazing cover version. In fact, it's one of my favourites. The riffage is amazing and the tag - team vocals are brilliant.

I think they are two very different takes on a superb song. One just happens to be shite, the other ace.

Guest bluesxman
McFly's version of The Who's Pinball Wizard is pretty close to being as shit as this.

I saw that on telly yesterday. Apparently they have cancelled a gig in Aberdeen to record with The Who (or what's left of them). My respect for The Who is diminishing further.

I saw that on telly yesterday. Apparently they have cancelled a gig in Aberdeen to record with The Who (or what's left of them). My respect for The Who is diminishing further.

So that's why they cancelled their performance at Free at the Dee? Ruined my whole Summer, that did.

McFly's version of The Who's Pinball Wizard is pretty close to being as shit as this.

It's not nearly as bad, though. While I do not advocate McFly in any way, shape or form I saw the video last night for Pinball Wizard and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm not saying I like it. It's just not as bad as I thought it would be.

There's still no need to cover a stone cold classic like Pinball Wizard though. Or This Town Ain't Big Enough. Unless you are Faith No More, of course.