aberdeen-music

identity

Ameriko_Niko

well i lost my passport there a while bak. I told everyone workin that night to look out for it. i thought it was a bit weird that someone would want an american passport anyways i have only recently started to get id'd. i wanna know why now, when i dont have any id and not then when i did have! its a little sucky!

There are quite a few 'regulars' that are getting ID'd at the momment. This is not biased or malicious, but you guys have to understand that if ex-boyfriends, friends, enemies or whatever tell us we have 17 year olds drinking, we have to take notice, regardless of how often people have been in before.

We're running a business here, and as such have a responsibility to do everything by the book. And you'd be surprised how many people have said "oh, okay, I'll bring my passport next time" and simply haven't been seen since.

With bands begining to play in the club in a couple of weeks time, anyone over 14 will have the opportunity to check the club out.

To those who genuinely are 18+, sorry, but that's the way it is.

Originally posted by Flik

This is not biased or malicious, but you guys have to understand that if ex-boyfriends, friends, enemies or whatever tell us we have 17 year olds drinking, we have to take notice, regardless of how often people have been in before.

gotcha!! but the story has changed...i heard from a source that he said i was 15!

Case Closed.

whilst in Reading i heard moshulu was cracking down. i've been going since last november and have only been IDed twice. One time i was surprised my moshulu card got me in, the second time the guy was saying it was over 21s...? That was a week before Xmas..

Nowadays i have me a provisional license..and have yet to be asked for it..except at Drakes.

there is only one thing worse than being Id'd when you dont have any but are 18. Thats when ppl dont accept the form of ID you have. I have a Citizen card which doesnt always get accepted. I would take my passport but I've almost lost it a couple of times and dont want to lose it. Also I refuse to pay 30 for a provisional when I cant afford (and dont want) to learn to drive.

Originally posted by KarmaTsunami

whilst in Reading i heard moshulu was cracking down. i've been going since last november and have only been IDed twice. One time i was surprised my moshulu card got me in, the second time the guy was saying it was over 21s...? That was a week before Xmas..

Nowadays i have me a provisional license..and have yet to be asked for it..except at Drakes.

It may well have been an over 21 night, but before my time, so I can't say for sure. You've not been ID'd because you've done work for us and we know your age. I'm sure I wished you a happy 18th in person. :nono:

Regulars will probably notice that if we require ID of you, the bouncers would be unlikely to ask again.

Guest cinderella

The Moshulu bouncers look scary, but actually seem really nice. They dont tend to ID me, although it depends who I am with :) Im not too bothered about it though...A provisional licence ID is the way to go, I reckon. Its expensive (for what it is) but gives photo-ID and has your address on it...which is useful for other things :)

Im glad the bouncers at Moshulu are clamping down...the number of underagers in that place is ridiculous. Im only 19 and I feel old going :rolleyes:

8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o

Onlynik, are you an Aussie? I thought I was the only person in Aberdeen with Cold Chisel in my stereo. I played Rising Sun in HJB last night, hands down one of the best bands ever. Definitely one of Down Under's finest, up there with ACDC and INXS. Get Kylie out of this fucking country and get Barnesy in!

And, damn, Midnight Oil rock! Peter Garret, what a guy!

:woohoo:

It may well have been an over 21 night, but before my time, so I can't say for sure. You've not been ID'd because you've done work for us and we know your age. I'm sure I wished you a happy 18th in person. :nono:

Regulars will probably notice that if we require ID of you, the bouncers would be unlikely to ask again.

i reckon they were just trying to stop the drunken little underagers...that was a rowdy friday night..i think it was the week before xmas....some of my friends went back later and got in no hassle. *shrug*

and i do remember you wishing me a happy 18th :dunce:

Guest onlynik

8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o

Onlynik, are you an Aussie? I thought I was the only person in Aberdeen with Cold Chisel in my stereo. I played Rising Sun in HJB last night, hands down one of the best bands ever. Definitely one of Down Under's finest, up there with ACDC and INXS. Get Kylie out of this fucking country and get Barnesy in!

And, damn, Midnight Oil rock! Peter Garret, what a guy!

:woohoo:

Sadly not, born and bred Aberdonian, Lived in OZ for a couple of years though.

Jimmy Barnes was born in Glasgow of all places.

Would there ever be an over 21 night at Moshulu.

Originally posted by Davey Boy

to be quite honest i agree, tho is sucks when your id'd when you are genuinly old enough people should relise that the bouncers are doing their job. the management are trying to run a clean club therefore underagers should not be permitted into the club as it has and alwasy will be by law.

i agree, but I also think that people should be aware that just because you're 18, it doesn't guareentee(sp?) you getting in. My boyfriend is 19 and goes to aberdeen uni. his student card doesn't have his age on it because he was 18 when he started there.

Out of a matter of interest, what does Moshulu accept as ID? Is it passport and drivers licenses? It really sucks that you jave to pay over 30 for them, isn't there anything else they accept?

Personally, I don't mind when somewhere doesn't let you in, it's just that when the bouncers resort to outright lies that it annoys me. I remeber trying to go into some place on union street once, only to be told that it was a private function..so we did a test and got a mate we saw to try and go in, and they never said a word to him.

Does Moshulu not accept the various student association ID cards? Most places have no problem with them - and as for the Aberdeen University one, the fact there's no age on it is enough to say that you are 18, as the people who are under 18 get a little thing saying 'not 18 until x date' on theirs. i've never known anyone to have a problem with the lack of a date on those cards, anyway.

I thought the police supplied a list of suggested IDs to accept (including current examples of the student ones) to all the clubs. I could be wrong though.

I think only accepting passports is a bad idea. It's a very important document and unless you're crossing an international border you shouldn't need it. Clubs should accept citizen cards, prove it cards (maybe they're the same thing, I dunno) and whatever schemes people are advised to sign up for to prove their age without carrying a passport.

Well, I know that the Aberdeen College SA were known for not having the strictest checks on the age of a student, and when I got my last card, all I needed to do was bring along my offer letter and my national insurance card and they asked my date of birth - meaning I could pretty much have said anything. A lot of places won't even accept them these days, i only carried mine about in order to get stuff cheaper and not to actually use as any form of ID. A friend of mine used to work as a doorman, and he had firm knowlege that the college were also responsible for knowingly putting fake details on them.

The RGU/Aberdeen Uni cards still have their integrity intact as far as I know though.

What does make me laugh, but i understand exactly why they did was why the only place i've been asked recently for ID was Drakes.

It's just a shame the licencing act doesn't extend to allowing 16 year olds in clubs provided they're 'marked' in some way to say that they're under 18. I can't remeber who told me this, but someone said that there's a venue where they give you a wristband in order to go into the area where the bar is, and you require ID in order to get one.

Still, it's better being refused occasionally than having the situation like in America, where 30 year olds get asked for ID at bars just because they're so strict on the whole thing.

It's nice to see Moshulu isn't ID'ing people just for the sake of it like what happens elsewhere, though :)

okay this'll probably sound stupid:dunce: but i think 18 is too yung drink! i think the american have it right with the over 21's rule belive it or not....that wouldve solved alot of problems for me! but hey....thats not a hint...;)

plus me being 20 in just over a month...im startin to feel old and stuff and 18 just seems such a yung age....being ages ago n'all...

:cheers:

The problem with college Id's is that they are too easy to fake, I've had loads when I wasn't a student at all. With any DOB I choose.

If the police ever did decide to check the only acceptable ID to them is Driving License, Passport or Prove it/Citizens card.

I don't think a proove it card (applications at oddbins etc) are more than about 5, which doesn't seem too excessive. And if you apply for a provisional, yes it is 30, but if you are ever going to learn to drive you will need one, and if you loose the card part you can just order a new one over the phone so it's not too bad. I know from experience.

It's a tricky situation to be in as a club, cutting a balance between letting everyone in, and being draconian.

And there are a wealth of fake cards about aswell, for example I was given one I hadn't heard of the other day, that looked good and had a hologram etc, whne I asked where it was from the guy replied 'this great website, you just pay 10 and send a digital photo and they send it in the post.'

Not the sharpest tool in the box then.

Rob

Guest onlynik
Originally posted by Ameriko_Niko

okay this'll probably sound stupid:dunce: but i think 18 is too yung drink! i think the american have it right with the over 21's rule belive it or not....that wouldve solved alot of problems for me! but hey....thats not a hint...;)

But you can buy guns at 16. Great country.

Anyway there should be more over 21 clubs.

Originally posted by onlynik

But you can buy guns at 16. Great country.

POINT. it depends which state ur in. America is a much bigger counrty with a hell of alot more corruption, crime etc. protection is needed at times...theres just dumb asses who take it too far like u get in every country.

anyways we aint discussing guns...thats a whole new thread sweetheart

i havent been in ages but i generally get id'd almost every time i go . (only times i didnt was when the doorman was someone ive worked with in the past!!)

in fact i actually start getting my id out as we walk to the door. it seems ridiculous especially when u get comments that prove they know who you are. hey ive been id'd by name before... i think they may have had something against me ... or just like laughing at my photo.

i dont think anyone should have a problem with being made to show identification, all you are doing is proving a fact, if you're under age you shouldn't be there and the club is responsible so it has the right and obligation to tell you to get to fuck. ( not saying i didnt go out when i was underage but im old now ... its different!)