aberdeen-music

favorite _____ band

Teabags

right, time for everyones favourtie sludge band of the moment.

my money is on Iron Monkey, Pale Horse and Acid bath.

I dunno, ir eckon the closest genre Acid Bath come under is sludge,.

PS is what the alphabet would look lik if you removed if Q and R were removed

PPS im drunk

PPPS I love Mitch Hedberg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Page 99
Pale Horse

I take it you know they are back together, aye?

Iron Monkey and Corrupted are probibly the only sludge bands I can think of listening to right now, but again... I'll be back.

khanate, whitehorse,old man gloom (for zozobra mainly), definitely corrupted, i hear they have an as yet unreleased album that consists of one track spread out over two discs. Melvins are sludgey, but also delve into loads of other stuff.Boris are also great, but not strictly sludge at all. Actually, come to think of it, i like variety, too much sludge gets a little repetitve to me.

Guest Page 99

If we're counting Old Man Gloom in this whole sludge/doom thing chuck them in my list straight away! I fucking love O.M.G., they are crazy bastards, with an obsession with monkeys. Who couldn't love em?

khanate...Boris are also great' date=' but not strictly sludge at all.[/quote']

Khanate!? Sludge!? I pity the foo'! Khanate ain't no sludge!

Khanate's a strange brand of Drone Doom... well, if you want to call it that. In fact, it's better just to leave it at Khanate. Yeah. That's it. Leave it right there, as it is.

Boris are fucking amazing, but I'd agree with you, they aren't really sludge.

man, i can't get into high on fire. just seems that little bit too fast and flashy. i keep going back and having a listen but just can't connect with it.

sleep were awesome though. just wish they were as good, but what can you do. i'll need to give them a really good listen sometime and see if i can get into it.

Hahahahaha well if your interested i am getting together an instrumental jam with craig quik n myself so far.

Very much in the vein of Kyuss' date='Hermano,cathedral and everything groovy and doomy[/quote']

thanks, i'll pass just now. the main reason we've not got anything going is just too busy at the moment. if you get that going though and you sound like those bands then i'll definitely be coming to see you!

Buzzov.en (at least a bit of sludge in there)' date=' EyeHateGod, Iron Monkey (Natch). Quite digging the bit of Lazerus Blackstar 've heard....[/quote']Lazarus Blackstar are ace. Used to be Khang till they got a new singer. Its Bri from Doom that plays bass in them I think.

Also Dave, check out the songs "to Cross the Bridge" and "Blood from Zion" by HOF. They're just fucking ace.