aberdeen-music

Electric Six - so underrated.

Dinosaur

I have been a fan of Electric Six since I first heard "Danger! High Voltage" and even after their second album release - which is a really ace album. I still find people who just laugh at them because of "Gay Bar" which, to be honest, was and still is a classic. They are simply shrugged off and few people actually take the time to listen to them. I saw them live at the music hall and it was the best gig I have ever seen in my opinion. so please people, listen to them. They are basically a mix of everything (I still can't classify them as a 'type' of music.) c'mon a band willing to write songs about Vibrators and naked pictures or your mother has to be good. Seriously though; one of the best bands to come out of 2003

I have been a fan of Electric Six since I first heard "Danger! High Voltage" and even after their second album release - which is a really ace album. I still find people who just laugh at them because of "Gay Bar" which' date=' to be honest, was and still is a classic. They are simply shrugged off and few people actually take the time to listen to them. I saw them live at the music hall and it was the best gig I have ever seen in my opinion. so please people, listen to them. They are basically a mix of everything (I still can't classify them as a 'type' of music.) c'mon a band willing to write songs about Vibrators and naked pictures or your mother has to be good. Seriously though; one of the best bands to come out of 2003[/quote']

I sort of agree. My missus is very into Electric 6, and I've been forced into listening to them cos she never plays anything else in her car. Personally, I think the singles are total mince, but there's actually some decent stuff on the rest of the albums.

I've been to both concerts at the Music Hall, and was pleasantly surprised.

Guest bluesxman

I liked Danger High Voltage and thought the video for that was actually far more amusing than Gay Bar and bought that first album but don't really listen to it at all and after Radio Ga Ga they were firmly placed on my album not to buy list....

Sadly I think a lot of people might of just liked them for a time because of Gay Bar, then just forgot. I got both of their albums and they are excellent. The Rock/Metal/Funk/Blues/Disco combo of music works. Senor Smoke doesn't even have a review on allmusic.com for god sake. Saw them at Download last year and they put on a great show.

Personally I found that most of their best songs were never released as singles and it was more the gimmicky ones that were. Some of the songs on the two albums are really quite catchy. I know most of the lyrics for "Fire" and still pickin up on "Senor Smoke" The lead singer - Dick Valentine (and no that isnt his real name) is an excellent performer on stage.

(And I saw them this feb when I was 16, not 14)

Guest AmbientMood

(And I saw them this feb when I was 16' date=' not 14)[/quote']

Yeah, thats worse..

Personally I've listened to far too much Zappa to ever find Electric six remotely funny.

I went in Feb, although I hadn't listened to a great amount of their stuff prior. It was a good laugh, my friend and I were near the front jumping around like lunatics (perhaps we should calm down, being in our twilight years... naaaaah) when some bloke who I *swear* was a younger Terry Pratchett punched someone in the face and proceeded to get hauled off by bouncers.

Oh, and then there was the guy who we err, launched for a crowd surf but no one caught him. He was up on his feet straight after, however. Good on him.

Oh' date=' and then there was the guy who we err, launched for a crowd surf but no one caught him. He was up on his feet straight after, however. Good on him.[/quote']

heh heh, not good. ah well at least he was alright. I just thought Dick was such a great performer on stage, he really got the crowd goin :rockon: