aberdeen-music

Beecher + Norma Jean Tonight.

Born with Wings

Originally posted by Cloud:

4 concessions :p unless Kef is doing concessions too?

(and more to the point, there appears to be cheap drink on offer at the lemon tree too..and the x-certs. so. get stuffed :p)

You hjave to be udner 16 to get a concession and over 18 to get served! :p

I might, just might try and head over to Lemon Tree afterwards but im sure yet. Really wanna see King Liar and The Brutes again.

Originally posted by Camie:

You hjave to be udner 16 to get a concession and over 18 to get served! :p

but they say full time students on their website...? ?(

I might, just might try and head over to Lemon Tree afterwards but im sure yet. Really wanna see King Liar and The Brutes again.

What are they like?

Originally posted by KarmaTsunami:

i'll be hanging around outside wearing bench.

but you weren't...i spied you...mehe...

was the show good then? d-rail played afterall :swearing: as i saw them in moshulu afterwards.

d-rail, beecher and norma jean were fucking awesome. i'm still half deaf. what was with everyone standing up the back during d-rail and beecher? sure a good bunch came down for norma jean but there were still heaps of people up the back, not applauding, standing arms folded just watching...sure there's the whole debate on 'moshing' and 'corwdsurfing', but the pit was good clean fun last night, everyone looking out for everyone else from what i could see. i stayed on the edge of it being small and i was still down front.

aside from the crowd the whole show was fucking brilliant. norma jean were fucking amazing. as sean so aptly put it - 'disco'

D-Rail were pish. Beecher without the songs.

Beecher were ACE! Loved it all, and thought hey'd be the band of the night, but...

Norma Jean were awesome. Utterly, utterly fantastic. Tight as hell and twice as heavy. A drummer who looked like a fisherman, raging new vocalist, brilliant minamalist lighting (very efective) - coulda done with a bit more chat mind, and security were dicks - If I can't touch the monitors or the stage, PUT A FOOKIN' BARRIER UP! Pricks....

Guest operator zero

someone else of the opinion that beecher were quite good! who were you medichi? and i was impressed by NJ - had never heard them before so i was amazed by how heavy they were - will have to go check them out [edit] on cd [/edit] asap!

last night was fucking ace-best gig i've seen in aberdeen for so long. was a bit shit that the crowd weren't really getting into beecher and d-rail as much,didn't really matter though,both bands played awesome sets. Norma Jean were definitely highlight of the night though they were absolutely fucking brilliant they were so intense and energetic and their playing was so tight best band by far to have played aberdeen in a hell of a long time,their set was spectacular,just a shame that they were still people lurking around at the back and that the curfew was at 10:15 but they were fantastic,there was a really good atmosphere in the pit during their set and they better come back real soon!