aberdeen-music

the Homeless ep

shaun

That reminds me - weren't we supposed to meet up after my work to exchange moneys and a CD?

Aye we're only about 6 and a half months late for that date...

well, i'm getting the artwork redone. so you can either wait a bit for the new artwork or get my DIY effort.

Guest Cowboy Dan
It's lazy stuff anyone could do that in their lunchbreak' date=' i'm sorry Shaun but just being honest.[/quote']

I agree, anyone who says they like this is lying to look cool, I've got proof.

i like it, some good sounds and noises. think it's much better than most people could do in their lunchbreak. just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it's of no value to other people.

it's better than most of the bands in aberdeen regurgitating their own record collection in an inferior fashion. at least it's got ideas and experimentation, even if not in a completely original way yet but he's certainly moving in the right direction.

Experimental / Abstracty type 'music' is pure balls. One time in music i had to listen to a piece consisting of a guy recording what happened when he threw a tennis ball into the back of a piano, which then sparked a heated, 20 minute 'this is not music' debate.

It sounds like you've recorded heaps of N64 in game - ambient - sound effects and threw then into random mode of MTVs music generator. Every song sounds too similar.

Experimental / Abstracty type 'music' is pure balls. One time in music i had to listen to a piece consisting of a guy recording what happened when he threw a tennis ball into the back of a piano' date=' which then sparked a heated, 20 minute 'this is not music' debate.

[/quote']

surely that's the point, to get people to think about what music is and to apply some intelligent thought to the process rather than instinctively going for the most melodic and simplest song and sticking to convention. it takes the most extreme of experiments to produce the most subtle advances, without such experiments as the one you cited you would not have had kid a by radiohead for instance. music is a series of sounds placed together in a deliberate manner. nothing more, nothing less. it's not just guitars, bass and drums. there's so much more that can be acheived, you can use any sound under the sun to create music.

some recommended listening would be the bbc radiophonic workshop which is responsible for such things as the doctor who theme. they barely used one traditional instrument for their work instead relying on found sounds, early synthesisers and tuned household appliances.

i like it' date=' some good sounds and noises. think it's much better than most people could do in their lunchbreak. [b']just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it's of no value to other people.

it's better than most of the bands in aberdeen regurgitating their own record collection in an inferior fashion. at least it's got ideas and experimentation, even if not in a completely original way yet but he's certainly moving in the right direction.

Don't be silly Dave i never suggested by giving my own opinion that it is of no value to anybody.