aberdeen-music

Why...

Guest tv tanned

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not friends. more people i know, who are good friends with my boyfriend. anyway underagers dont seem to understand it. i was never like that. i didnt mind going a night with out drinking cause i hardly ever did. but most of them these days are like almost alcoholics who cant seem to go one night out anywhere without drinking.

Guest bluesxman
What would you prefer if you were working? let a few scrawny underagers in and face a huge fine and losing your livelihood' date=' or not let them in?

I know what I would do[/quote']

I may have been described as many things but a scrawny underager is not one of them. I haven't been ID's since I was about 17, so don't carry photographic ID with me. I rarely even carry a wallet, just the cash I know I will need. That's 16 years without the requirement for ID so I take objection to the fact that I get called stupid for not carrying it.

The other guy up there ^^^^ made the point about a private club, fair enough.

Guest MerryChristmas
I may have been described as many things but a scrawny underager is not one of them. I haven't been ID's since I was about 17' date=' so don't carry photographic ID with me. I rarely even carry a wallet, just the cash I know I will need. That's 16 years without the requirement for ID so I take objection to the fact that I get called stupid for not carrying it.

The other guy up there ^^^^ made the point about a private club, fair enough.[/quote']

age for entry to drink is 18

fine for letting underager in - whether you know they are underage or not is very high

going to one of these places without id which you do have to prove that you are over 18 is stupid

Guest bluesxman
age for entry to drink is 18

fine for letting underager in - whether you know they are underage or not is very high

going to one of these places without id which you do have to prove that you are over 18 is stupid

*SIGHS* :moody:

Guest tv tanned
but is it not the case in scotland that all the licence are the same. that you can have over 14s in. i try argue that it must have changed by now to my dad but he is certain that it scotland tis still the same liecning act from like 79 or something. cant remeber the date

Only if accompanied by an adult I believe, but it's not applicable everywhere I don't think.

There's new legislation going through the Scottish Parliament on licensing anyway.

Guest bluesxman
im pretty sure it applies to pubs and clubs though. my dad used to tell me i could go to nightclubs when i wasnt 18 and as long as i didnt drink i couldnt get into trouble from the police or breech the licence.

Most pubs I've seen upholding this usually have an accompanied by an adult and only before a certain time proviso. Think your dad gave you a bum steer on the nightclub bit!

Guest DustyDeviada
my dad used to tell me i could go to nightclubs when i wasnt 18 and as long as i didnt drink i couldnt get into trouble from the police or breech the licence.

But your Dad also used to tell you that Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy came into your house when you were sleeping, didn't he? Seems to me like your Dad talks out of his arse a lot of the time.

Most pubs I've seen upholding this usually have an accompanied by an adult and only before a certain time proviso. Think your dad gave you a bum steer on the nightclub bit!

If you're underage you can stay in a pub up until 8pm, but only if that pub/bar serves food. Otherwise, after 8pm that underage person has to leave the premises. It is also an offence for that underage person to stand or sit at the bar.

If your underage you can stay in a pub up until 8pm' date=' but only if that pub/bar serves food. Otherwise, after 8pm that underage person has to leave the premises. It is also an offence for that underage person to stand or sit at the bar.[/quote']

thats including under 14s though. thats for a food/restuarant thingy licence.

and yes my dad is a policeman. he does not speak out of his ass. one of his jobs awhile aog was to go round some pubs every now and again so check they were following the correct licence, ie not serving food if they didnt have a licence. i believe he does know what hes talking about. and stop having a dig just cause he's a policeman. the police deserve a lot more respect than they get