aberdeen-music

ashamed to be British

Ollie

its bloody terrible that ethnic groups are starting to get a whole load of abuse after the bombings. Last night someone who i regard as one of my closest freinds turned round and said the BNP had the right attitude. Im sorry but that is bull and i cant beleive that anger is being directed towards decent British citizens.

Guest tv tanned

It really bothers me that these people are automatically labelled as 'Muslim' or 'Islamic' terrorists.

They are terrorists. Like the IRA are terrorists and not 'catholic' terrorists, or the UDA are terrorists and not 'protestant' terrorists.

Labelling of people like that only leads to tensions being inflamed. And yet again the mass media is behind it, stoking up cultural divisions for the purpose of news creation.

Thankfully the BNP failed to win that London council seat.

its bloody terrible that ethnic groups are starting to get a whole load of abuse after the bombings. Last night someone who i regard as one of my closest freinds turned round and said the BNP had the right attitude. Im sorry but that is bull and i cant beleive that anger is being directed towards decent British citizens.

I don't know if I would go as far as to say I am ashamed to be British, but I do agree that it is a disgrace that good, innocent people are being hounded for what happened in London. Muslim groups have come out and said these people aren't real Muslims - they are killers and they have absolutely no connection to the many good, honest Muslim people living in the UK. It's a minority who are making this connection, a minority of brain-dead idiots and I would hope the people of Britain realise this. I had someone say to me yesterday 'it would never have happened if they didn't let these foriegn bastards into the country' - every other person in the room was disgusted by the comment, and rightly so. Groups like the BNP thrive of this sort of thing happened to get their racist, vile message across, but most people realise they are scum, as demonstrated by the many protests that take place during BNP rallies. I hate those bastards.

Peace,

Ryan

It's fair enough that people are angry at the bombers surely?

Thats not what i mean sharon. Directing your anger at Muslims , theres no need to blame them for what a minorty, extreme group of folk did. Like tv tanned says the muslim faith is not to blame here.

I had someone say to me yesterday 'it would never have happened if they didn't let these foriegn bastards into the country' - every other person in the room was disgusted by the comment' date=' and rightly so. Groups like the BNP thrive of this sort of thing happened to get their racist, vile message across

[/quote']

I was just so shocked to hear someone who i thought knew better saying that. Terrible.

Guest Zeenat Aman

The people I feel most sorry for are the parents and families of people who do suicide bombings, not only do they lose their son/daughter, they also have to live with guilt and pain of knowing their family member did such a horrific thing.

It's something that seems to get ignored when such things happen.

I am ashamed of some of our history, but there is good and bad in all countries.

Guest Zeenat Aman
Have you seen some of the interviews with them? They are literally broken as people... it's incredibly saddening to watch. Some hide their faces as they fear that they will be outcast due to their association with their son/father/brother/fiance.

I feel so sorry for them. :(

Oh, no I haven't seen that.

What a thing to have to deal and live with. :(

Guest Zeenat Aman
I hold Blair and Bush personally resposible' date=' where is the anger from the British public? Look at the reaction in Spain when Madrid trains got bombed, people were out on the streets protesting and then voted in a new government![/quote']

Was Spain a supporter of the US led Iraq war?

I hold Blair and Bush personally resposible' date=' where is the anger from the British public? Look at the reaction in Spain when Madrid trains got bombed, people were out on the streets protesting and then voted in a new government![/quote']

This aint spain

Muslim kids in London schools were know to cheer when they heard of the bombings.

Now this may identify their innocence or immaturity but you can bet they were not alone in their rejoicing.

I know of a Pakistani up here in Aberdeen who said 'they got what they deserved'...after 9/11.

Like it or not , the enemy lies within and we should be aware of who they are. They may be a tiny minority but tiny minorities can cause havoc and mayhem.

I don't like imported religions , they are used as Trojan horses for annexing areas that don't belong to them. We should not be providing Mosques for the enemy within.

At least we are turning our Churches into Restaurants , Pubs and Nightclubs.

Religion is superstition.

Just be nice to each other.

Guest Zeenat Aman

I don't like imported religions ' date=' they are used as Trojan horses for annexing areas that don't belong to them. We should not be providing Mosques for the enemy within.

[/quote']

Fuck off!

Guest Zeenat Aman
Yes' date=' until they voted in the new government who withdrew from Iraq immediately.[/quote']

I dont think we have an alternative really, who would replace Blair or Labour?

Guest tv tanned
Muslim kids in London schools were know to cheer when they heard of the bombings.

Now this may identify their innocence or immaturity but you can bet they were not alone in their rejoicing.

I know of a Pakistani up here in Aberdeen who said 'they got what they deserved'...after 9/11.

Like it or not ' date=' the enemy lies within and we should be aware of who they are. They may be a tiny minority but tiny minorities can cause havoc and mayhem.

I don't like imported religions , they are used as Trojan horses for annexing areas that don't belong to them. We should not be providing Mosques for the enemy within.

Just be nice to each other.[/quote']

How you can type that last sentence with a straight face after what you have said before is beyond me.

They should put people like you on an uninhabited island somewhere.

bullshit.

i concur. i doubt we would have been bombed if we weren't involved in the 'war', the war gave them motivation to bomb us, and it's just a bit shit that tony blair sucked up bush's ass. RAR.

but to question; no im not ashamed to be british, im a good British person; like the majority of Brits. i AM ashamed of the people who are so small-minded and fickle that they generalise everything way too much.

Like it or not ' date=' the enemy lies within and we should be aware of who they are. They may be a tiny minority but tiny minorities can cause havoc and mayhem.

Just be nice to each other.[/quote']

Which religion isn't imported?