aberdeen-music

Aberdeen sign Lovell

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good that we've finally got a striker, but neither Lovell nor the Pole are the "big guy" that Calderwood likes so much, are they? I cannae mind, Lovell may be tall, but he's not going to cope with Marvin Andrews etc. if Jimmy insists on playing the high ball and crosses game. I hope he ditches this tactic

It's good that we've finally got a striker' date=' but neither Lovell nor the Pole are the "big guy" that Calderwood likes so much, are they? I cannae mind, Lovell may be tall, but he's not going to cope with Marvin Andrews etc. if Jimmy insists on playing the high ball and crosses game. I hope he ditches this tactic[/quote']

i was just gonna post that fact, but then again larson, novo and riorden arnt big guys but all get the goals

i was just gonna post that fact' date=' but then again larson, novo and riorden arnt big guys but all get the goals[/quote']

But all play(ed) with a big man: Hartson, Prso, O'Connor. The big man isn't the one expected to get the goals, it's the Darren Mackie or whoever that's expected to do that. The big guy is expected to hold up the ball. Like I say, I hate this tactic, and Noel Whelan could have done so much more for us if he wasn't asked to drop deep, hold up ball, go up for headers, hassle defenders etc.

poland joined the EU recently didn't they? it's probably a freedom to work over here bosman thing or soummat.

I wondered about that. I was half-listening to Reporting Scotland when I heard the words "...has joined on a season-long loan from Legia Warsaw, with the option of a permanent move at the end of the season", and I assumed it was the guy the Dons have on trial, but it was the goalkeeper Celtic have signed. I should have known they would make no mention of the Dons transfer dealings

I heard some rumour htat maloney may be coming on a season long loan, but i haven't seen abything about it. This maybe becasue the loan deal for the polish guy looked in trouble, legia warsaw might want to keep him. At least i wont have to try and pronounce his name now. Lovell could be a good signing.

yeh its the their top goal scorer' date=' hearts are after him, whilst aberdeen are after his team mate[/quote']

What, you mean Wlodarczyk isn't even their top scorer?!! Why are we bothering?

No, I think we should try to get him as well. We need internationals, not average SPL players. If Jimmy thinks he has Derek Adams as a back-up striker, he is wrong, because he played there at the start of the season and was uselss, so we need a few more.

The Evening Express (always 1st with the measurements) reveals Lovell is 5ft 11in. Not the big guy, then. Hopefully he'll be played instead of Mackie

Guest tv tanned

all this big guy bollocks.

Larsson was no giant, but he was incredible in the air, rarely if ever lost an aerial challenge.

Being 6ft whatever doesn't mean anything.

I don't think ANY of the Dons' new signings excite me greatly. Nicholson's probably the best one so far, although it'll be interesting to see how he does. Being an ex-Hun he really needs to start well or the fans will inevitably get on his back. Jamie Smith I've never rated, we used to call him 'kick and rush' when he was at Celtic, because that's all he can do. A pacey, fit player, but his final ball is diabolical and he has no 'Plan B'. I hope he does well though. Langfield couldn't get a game for the Pars, and has signed a 3 year deal with us!!!! Where's the sense in that! I actually quite like Lovell, but I've no idea how he'll get on up here. Can't see any Dons player scoring 20+ goals this season. I would've went for Scott McDonald at Motherwell. We need a poacher not a target man. I agree with the Mariner. Whelan should've been given one more year. As for Maloney, I'd love it if he came up here, I think he'd do well being the main man, and we'd see the best of him.

whelan was eating the wage bill, he was paid more than anyone else and didnt live up to expectation, langfield is still very young for a keeper and is promising, and i think if lovell can score 15 with dundee he can score 20 for aberdeen, if he doesnt then we'd be better off sticking with darren mackie

question is' date=' do we even need Lovell after Mackie and that Polish guy both bagged hatricks in the 9-0 drubbing of the michty Broch??[/quote']

the polish guy is aparently just a back up to other bids, jimmy said if maloney signs the polish guy probably wont get a deal, becuase he is gonna cost alot to run becuase aberdeen will have to take over his contract