aberdeen-music

why has your precious moshulu turned so crap!!???!!

Guest Jay Johnson

Guest Jay Johnson

What is with this so called metal club anyway!! It used to be alright but it will never replace the palace!!! The mosh pits guys are getting worse real lame!!! Why? I will tell you, the DJ's suck ass man they are terrible!! and the drinks taste like shit!! It was ok club about 4 months ago what happend? If someone can enlighten me on this please do!!!

Oh and by the way whats with all the fucking underagers!! or am i just getting old!!???

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a shame you feel this way.

*sighs* okay, here we go.

1. It's not a metal club, it's an alternative club. Metal night is caged on Thursday. Indie night is Monday. Rock night is Saturday. Alternative nights is Friday.

2. I can't coordinate bar staff, security, promoters and DJ's and still have time to coordinate a mosh pit. That's YOUR job. The paying punter.

3. I think the DJ's do a great job, and hey, 1400 heads in the door every week can't be wrong.

4. Considering I drink in the club after we close every night, I know that the drinks taste fine. Should you have a problem ask for me personally next time you're in.

5. We've cracked down considerably against underagers as of late. Perhaps you'd care to take on the job of IDing every person who looks 18- every night we're open?

6. We never set out to be a replacement for the Palace. I think you'll find that we were open and running Caged while the Palace was still open, but I could be wrong. It's before my time. I never got to see the fabled Palace, and can hence not possibly be accused of trying to replace or better it.

Further to this, I've spent a whole lot of my own time refurbing and getting things ready for the next stage of Moshulu's life. Jay, I'm truly sorry you feel this way. Hopefully the live bands make things a bit better for you in the future.

why do people constantly diss moshulu...i know a heap of ppl that constantly go on and on about how bad the music is, the nasty tasting drinks and the amount of underagers that get in and then say.....'its a shit hole and im never ever going back'

lone behold who's there next friday? yes you've guessed it... WHAT IS THE POINT!!!:swearing:

anyways, this being my personal opinion and not the be taking likely but i think moshulu is great!

the bar staff are fun and friendly, the ppl rock and they have poles!!!!!:woohoo:

I have been given plenty of reasons to hate that place, but, i dont!! guys its the only decent place to go most nights in aberdeen! why complain??:kiss:

:gringo: 'ma boy aint yo' babies daddy' :gringo:

then don't go...simple.

I don't know what you mean about the drinks, surely if you drink JD and coke or whatever in a pub, it'll taste the same?

Maybe the reason you think it's been crap in the last few months is that most of the students have gone away for the holidays, wait a few weeks and the place will be full and back in the swing of things

Erm...I dunno if this is just me, but why do people complain about underagers constantly? And more importantly, how the fuck do these people who complain know that there's lots of underagers? Have they actually asked them for ID and seen proof that they're under 18?

Just because people might look under 18 doesn't mean they are, for christ's sake.

Guest Jay Johnson

hey there,

i have read through all of your points and i have to say i don't fully agree with what you are saying!! you obvilously have only been in the aberdeen scene for a wee while i was one the best palace regulars and unitil recently one of moshulus. You will struggle to spot me there now as i think your club has gone downhill! rapidly!! and by the by do you what alternative means!!??

1400 heads a week is pretty good for the only "alternative" club in aberdeen of your size. i will ask you personally next time i'm in about your drinks!! if that's cool? caged never ran when the palace was open where is your fucking history dude!!

i haven't seen the new decor yet my friends tell me it is nice, i don't know!!! i will have to visit sometime!! haven't been out in a while.

i also see you are a true ska/punk fan that will be why i have to be subjected to a pile of crap from the dj's every night no matter what night it is!! get with the program dude, there is a diverse range of music old and new that your precious dj's won't touch cause they are set in there ways.

i truly beleive however that you are trying your hardest to run a decent club, don't mean to dish you call it productive criticism, you probably know who i am. i hope?!!

and why is it so fuicking hot? get some fans dude!!

and hey singingstarfish don't insult me by telling me why it's dead i know about the students not being around you little prick!! I know the scene man!!!

anyway i'm glad some of stuck up for the only "alternative" club we have i wanna hear more from folk, get involved guys!!!

take it easy

i had a fantastic time last nite. no one was expecting it to be so busy and i think it made it better! my morgans and coke and waters tasted as they usually do, nice (though it's not the best atmosphere to undergo taste tests with all the smoke and sweat).

anyway, i thought jim did an excellent job, though he did nearly kill me from putting on so many songs i wanted to hear!

i liked the palace and we have noticed that we used to dance a lot more in there, because the songs were consistantly good and known by all (although, thinking about it, i also remember folk bitching about it being the same each week)

i truly beleive however that you are trying your hardest to run a decent club, don't mean to dish you, call it productive criticism,

you called the club shit, that's not productive criticism.

anyway, not that i'm nit picking :rolleyes:

there is a fan, it was blowing out from beside the dj booth onto the dance floor. i stood in front of it for a long time. very nice :D

Its what people make of it... but the palace WAS the palace and as moshulu IS moshulu...there is no going back...im sure the runners of moshulu are not trying to compete in anyway....give them a break....if u dont like the music played then go request some music u do want to be played...chances are they may have it....dont be a dick about the whole thing...

:swearing:

that place is great and i will defend it no matter what it takes....:guns:

PEACE

Guest Jay Johnson

hey dude you are pretty clever eh? i was mearly stateing the fact that the palace was better ok?!! i do request music fagget!! do you know who you are talking to you pretencious tit.

defend away!!!!

hey maybe one day i can see you in the pit with the big boys eh?

thats if the dj's ever play more than 2 songs in a row you can mosh too!!!

hey everyone is entitled to their opinion mine is moshulu is shit at the moment and i hope it will improve.

Guest stuartmaxwell

i used to go the palace, yeah it was great, but they played the same stuff pretty much every week

whereas in moshulu you get a bit ore variety. plus with the backroom too, you get your "diverse" music that so obviously want

moshulu is great, and there is no club better in aberdeen

fair do's you can call me a hypocrite for slagging off air guitar, but thats due to me not really liking that night

if you think moshulu cant offer what you are lookin for why not start your own club night somewhere??

Guest Jay Johnson

i will admit the palace did sometimes get a bit too much but when it was good it was good!! they always played better music than moshulu!! and that is a fact!!!

I myself think moshulu is very samey i think no dj is really pushing the boat out and playing a good variety of music!!

that is what i think what do you guys think?

i didn't want to enter into a moshulu/palace battle it is you guys that have started that!!! so obviously no one is happy with moshulu or you are all lieing fucks!!! wannabes!!!

i was mearly expressing my views bitches!!!

lets just stick some rage on and have a pit that'll put a smile on my face!!!

Originally posted by Jay Johnson

i will admit the palace did sometimes get a bit too much but when it was good it was good!! they always played better music than moshulu!! and that is a fact!!!

I myself think moshulu is very samey i think no dj is really pushing the boat out and playing a good variety of music!!

that is what i think what do you guys think?

i didn't want to enter into a moshulu/palace battle it is you guys that have started that!!! so obviously no one is happy with moshulu or you are all lieing fucks!!! wannabes!!!

i was mearly expressing my views bitches!!!

lets just stick some rage on and have a pit that'll put a smile on my face!!!

yes, I agree, the music does get very samey... but it is the same dj's as in the palace..... so you can't really use that as an argument. yes, there are no mosh pits now... but they were ususally full of knobheads in the palace who thought it was an excuse to have a fight and didn't know how to handle themselves, or those around them.

yes the palace was ace, i spent 6 years going to that place and loved it. moshulu is still a good venue though, and the management team are switched on enough to know what people want and try their best to provide.... give them a break.

stop havin such a chip on your shoulder and slagging people off left right and center. yes, you have your opinion and people should respect that, but to be honest, you are the one coming accross as a pretentious tit... with your 'holier than thou' attitude, thinking you are THE MAN.... thinkin your are old school.....

and please.... rage against the machine.... BORINGGGGGGGGG, how often have you heard them..... you want diversity... yet want to hear rage AGAIN! music has moved on since then....

anyway, yeah, nothing against you personally.... just chill out a bit dude....

Guest Jay Johnson

cool!!

fuck it anway dude this discussion has turned nasty you fuckwit!!

i have obvilously sturred up a hornets nest!!

maybe old school is the way forward in my eyes no more posts from me on this matter bye al!!l

i also see you are a true ska/punk fan that will be why i have to be subjected to a pile of crap from the dj's every night no matter what night it is!! get with the program dude, there is a diverse range of music old and new that your precious dj's won't touch cause they are set in there ways.

Jay, I am the manager, NOT the DJ (unless you're in AcupunKture or Henry J Beans) The DJ's have set styles to adhere to for their various nights, and I in no way dictacte their set lists. What you read in my listening to section merely states what I choose to listen to in my time...not yours. You won't hear any of my 'pile of crap' on a Thursday or Saturday. And besides, they account for about 30% of my cd collection, the rest being metal (Pantera, White Zombie etc), Alternative (RCHP, RATM etc) and Indie (White Stripes and such) with a sufficient dose of blues, jazz and Hip Hop. So I think you'll find my taste very suitable to the position I'm in, although I now wonder why I'm trying to justify that to you, or anyone for that matter.

You haven't been in for 2 weeks? Then you'll be unaware of the major changes done in that time.

Music old and new? We've got it all, and yet you ask for RATM which is just a little passe. With the amount of new music released every month, how the hell can you expect to hear the same tunes every week that you once listened to in the Palace?

I have absolutely no idea who you are. But I look forward to meeting you in Moshulu in the near future.

hey dude you are pretty clever eh? i was mearly stateing the fact that the palace was better ok?!! i do request music fagget!! do you know who you are talking to you pretencious tit.

defend away!!!!

thats if the dj's ever play more than 2 songs in a row you can mosh too!!!

hey everyone is entitled to their opinion mine is moshulu is shit at the moment and i hope it will improve.

T............I............T

How bout I see you in the pit. I'll bounce you round the club you hate so much, you might find a bit you like in your travels around the place, thanks to me, and maybe Dave if your really lucky.

I use to go to the Palace every week. That was when it was the only decent place to go to. Moshulu holds that crown now. Rob and Flick have turned the place from a bog-standard club, to a place thatr a lot of people are very happy about and, to a certain degree, proud of. There is an atmosphere in Moshulu that I never felt in The Palace. The pits are better, the pints have less beer-line cleaner in them, the drinks are cheaper, the DJ on a Fri night is the same for fuck sake. It's still Ross, and he is still an amazing DJ! Moshulu is our club, The Palace is dead, and all that is left of it is a Ned filled shite-hole that goes by the name Liquid. :]

WHO ARE YOU ANYWAYS? you go on about you opinion and how precious it is to you, so why the fuck dont u respect anyone elses opinions? no one is saying u are a wrong and the reason it has turned nasty is because u have made it that way...

you really should take your head out your arse dude! it aint healthy! :kiss:

PEACE

Jay "Holier than thou" Johnson, don't goto moshulu anymore. Simple.

The drinks taste crap? What do you mean? The bottles of JD are different in moshulu to anywhere else?

It's nice that you 'know the scene' and are sick of underagers....but how old are you? By the way you're talking you sound like a disgruntled 15 year old, but I'd be prepared to think you're 18/19....which would have made you underage at the Palace....

Craig x

ps. If you are any older than 18/19, you need to have a look at your life, and realise that there is more to it than complaining about a night club.

cool!!

fuck it anway dude this discussion has turned nasty you fuckwit!!l

the only reason it's turned nasty is because of your ill informed, argumentative posts and your tactic of slagging off anyone who posts in this thread.

I think the only way you're going to be happy is if you sit in your room with a plastic strobe light, a bottle of jack and a pile of your favourite CDs from the early 90s.

Moshulu hasn't gone downhill in the last few weeks. It's exactly the same as it always was, bar some minor changes. It's been hot lately but what do you expect? It's been a record breaking summer remember for temperatures.

It's not the Palace, but frankly that's a good thing. For all my memories of the palace and the many years I went there it wasn't a great club. It was the people and the staff that made it good and you'll find that most of them are in moshulu these days. And moshulu doesn't have a sticky floor, flooding problems, beer that makes you physically sick due to it's taste or paul may DJing.

Speaking of which apart from fridays when Ross Djs the nights are have improved tenfold musically now there are different DJs on different nights unlike the palace which was dominated by Paul "minidisc" May.

Look at what you actually have in moshulu, and instead of just moaning like the whiney little cunt you are and insulting everyone who actually quite likes it, think of something constructive to say or fuck off.

do you know who you are talking to you pretencious tit.

there's something about this statement that makes me wince. and it's not just the poor grammar + spelling (pretentious, ok, i am nit-picking now)

Originally posted by Chris

Look at what you actually have in moshulu, and instead of just moaning like the whiney little cunt you are and insulting everyone who actually quite likes it, think of something constructive to say or fuck off.

no one's gonna listen to sound advice when you call them a cunt. but i reckon it is hard to be calm towards to someone who's just been aggressive.

ok, didn't mean to sound patronising, sorry.