aberdeen-music

moogerfooger?

liamtw

anyone used or know of where in the uk i can buy or order these pedals from?

i was also wondering if you have used them which ones and how good in comparision to other pedals r they?

i was thinkin about buyin the ring modulator and the expression pedal

any ideas????

Our guitarist has one... we've used it for the synth before... it creates some bizarre noise. It's like your under attack from aliens.

which one?

the moogerfoogers are a range of pedals - phaser, ring mod, murf, etc...

or are you meaning a moog synth?

David

which one?

the moogerfoogers are a range of pedals - phaser' date=' ring mod, murf, etc...

or are you meaning a moog synth?

David[/quote']

its a ring modulator - really good for recording, a bit tricky to work live cos it relies on manual intervention to play with its knobs to get the best out of it

I would get all the moogerfoogers if i had le cash

see with the ring mod thats why i want the expression pedal cos if you bring the modulation right back then fully forward u get this kinda siren ring which i like to use

yeh, i reckon it would work with the expresso pedal live

*why didnt I think of that*

in fact two expresso would be cool, one on frequency and one on pitch

fuck

*raids council tax fund*

I might need more legs

they are basically just effects pedals' date=' albeit supposedly excellent sounding and very tweakable ones, with loads of options

David[/quote']

i think they're very closely modeled on the actual modules from the moog synths...here's a link with some info:

http://www.moogmusic.com/newsarch.php?cat_id=17

a friend of mine swears by them and they're very good for the space/psych-rockers if that's your thing...though if you're just going for 'a good tone' etc, you could probably get by with spending less (they're expensive)...but all the cool groups seem to own one or two of them, so i think there's something to them (ie not just hype)...

b.

www.billthompson.org

Guest Zeenat Aman
yeh' date=' i reckon it would work with the expresso pedal live

*why didnt I think of that*

in fact two expresso would be cool, one on frequency and one on pitch

fuck

*raids council tax fund*

I might need more legs[/quote']

Rent some fairies and elves.

I read that Robert Moog (which is supposed to be pronounced like vogue) has a brain tumour, is this old news, he's passed away maybe? :(

a friend of mine swears by them and they're very good for the space/psych-rockers if that's your thing...though if you're just going for 'a good tone' etc' date=' you could probably get by with spending less (they're expensive

b.

[url']www.billthompson.org

thay are def for as you say, the more ''out there'' users

most regular guitarsists would vomit at the sonic mess they create :love:

Rent some fairies and elves.

I read that Robert Moog (which is supposed to be pronounced like vogue) has a brain tumour' date=' is this old news, he's passed away maybe? :([/quote']

did you teach Sharon that one?

its all shes said for 3 months

''mogue''

at every opportunity

annoyingly correcting me when I go ''mooooog''

its important I know........

What does this pedal do exactly? I wrote a song recently which relied on a plug in I have for cubase...these are the controls the plug in has..

classic-auto-filter.jpg

Obviously I can't use this live...would any of these mooger fooger pedals provide the same sorta idea? (in stereo)

The filter pedal should but only in mono I think, almost identical controls, and poss to sync LFO to exterbnal sources Im sure

Guest Zeenat Aman
thay are def for as you say' date=' the more ''out there'' users

most regular guitarsists would vomit at the sonic mess they create :love:[/quote']

I've always loved some of the early Roxy Music guitar sounds, Phil Manzanera's guitar through Eno's VCS3, mmm. :love:

I think I may look into this world of fucked up geetar sounds.

Guest Zeenat Aman
What does this pedal do exactly? I wrote a song recently which relied on a plug in I have for cubase...these are the controls the plug in has..

classic-auto-filter.jpg

Obviously I can't use this live...would any of these mooger fooger pedals provide the same sorta idea? (in stereo)

May we hear this?

The filter pedal should but only in mono I think' date=' almost identical controls, and poss to sync LFO to exterbnal sources Im sure[/quote']

Cool. Do you know if you could sync it with some sort of tap tempo foot controller if such a thing exists? Songs that are written at 120 bpm are always 110 bpm at practice and 320bpm live :D

If anyones interested in that plugin, it can be had FOR FREE along with a host of other quality plug ins..... http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com

Cool. Do you know if you could sync it with some sort of tap tempo foot controller if such a thing exists? Songs that are written at 120 bpm are always 110 bpm at practice and 320bpm live :D

There is a moogerfooger footswitch' date=' and they seem to do most things under the sun, so I wouldn't be surprised. The manual's here so you can check.