aberdeen-music

Dave Gilmour will not profit from live8

Guest Bob Double Jack

i cant wait to see bono doing that.

maybe he'll sell his stetson at an auction and donate the profits...

did you hear Libertines sales went DOWN 13% ?

ha ha ha

Guest Bob Double Jack
35% but Dohery was worse than terrible with Elton John' date='

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

apologies for my inaccurate information

Guest tv tanned
Of course these two were related.

*jumps on the we hate Pete Doherty's music because he is a junkie bandwagon*

I actually hate his music because it is absolutely shit.

The fact he is a complete loser is a side issue.

*jumps on the we hate Pete Doherty's music because he is a junkie bandwagon*

either that or people hate his music because they think it's shite. as far as i'm concerned, people who accuse others of acting as part of a trend just to try and invalidate what they are saying is worse than people who act to be a part of a trend.

I actually hate his music because it is absolutely shit.

The fact he is a complete loser is a side issue.

Ha ha!

Fully!

Hopefully the "incident" will finally finish him off. I see he missed yet another golden opportunity to preach to the masses by missing his Oasis support slot. GOOD!

I haven't heard much material of his - What I have is GOD AWFUL, but bejesus he fairly showed the whole world he can't even begin to sing. Now I like some "non - singers" like Bernard Sumner and Joey Ramone even, but they put real emotion into their songs / singing which more than makes up for a lack of vocal talent. The junkie, on the other hand, just can't sing worth a fuck and puts no effort into it. He's no more a musician than fleeing air and was a disgrace to Live 8.

Junkie piece of worthless scum that he is.

Dave Gilmour has the right idea - good on ya min. Hopefully others will follow suit and raise a bit of cash.

I wonder if Dave's accountant has advised him on certain courses of action due to tax reasons.

How will he work out what's his and what isn't?

Someone who's been a professional rock star for nearly 40 years would surely have predicted a rise in sales.

It's strange it took until 5 days after to renounce profits, why not 5 days before?

Is this just another self-publicity exercise?

Probably.

I wonder if Dave's accountant has advised him on certain courses of action due to tax reasons.

Someone who's been a professional rock star for nearly 40 years would surely have predicted a rise in sales.

It's strange it took until 5 days after to renounce profits' date=' why not 5 days before?

Probably.[/quote']

Cynical man :nono:

Probably wants to stop his good friend Roger making money :D

It's strange it took until 5 days after to renounce profits' date=' why not 5 days before?

Probably.[/quote']

Your such a cynic Ian, Dave Gilmour has done load of charity throughout the years including sellng his 6 million house a few years ago and giving all the proceeds to charity. By waiting until its all over before stating he's giving the money is a better way of making all the artists who are benefitting from this look far worse, especially after everythings been published about the sales etc. It could be he was always planning it (the sale of his house was kept pretty quiet until a tabloid found out IIRC) it culd just be that now such a big deal has been made of the inflated sales he felt the need to publicisise it.

That being said i though PF were pretty dull at Live 8, the Who were much better.

Cheers

Stuart

Al those acts of generosity prove is that he'd rather give his money to charity than the taxman.

I suppose only his accountant would know the truth. Let's hope he's not "stinging" him too much.

I didn't realise there was an option on tax forms "tick here if you'd rather your tax money went to charity instead", sounds fantastic to me.

Yes, charities get tax relief. I'm no authority on tax issues, but I find it hard to believe that by giving sizeable donations to charities you therefore avoid paying any tax yourself. Less tax, yes - but you'll also have less left over afterwards since you'll have given money to charity AND paid tax, instead of just paying tax.

There are far better people to criticise over Live8, eg Doherty for making a mockery of it by being a fucking state; Scissor Sisters for using the event to unveil a new song (which, to me, reeks of even more shameful self-promotion than usual), when everyone KNOWS you just play "the hits" at charity gigs; Robbie Williams for being a cunt, and for trying to use the event to try and galvanise his desired status as the new Freddie Mercury; Kaiser Chiefs for playing in America instead of Britain (they're not well-known there, so they weren't there to pull the crowds - but what better way to try and "break America"? Worst offenders of using charity for publicity out of the whole bloody lot); Bob Geldof for singing "the Boomtown Rats song that isn't I Don't Like Mondays" at the Edinburgh gig; Bob Geldof for singing; Eddie Izzard for not learning Vienna properly before playing it in public; Syd Barratt for being part of the Pink Floyd reunion.

Okay I'm just being silly now.

I didn't realise there was an option on tax forms "tick here if you'd rather your tax money went to charity instead"' date=' sounds fantastic to me.

Yes, charities get tax relief. I'm no authority on tax issues, but I find it hard to believe that by giving sizeable donations to charities you therefore avoid paying any tax yourself. Less tax, yes - but you'll also have less left over afterwards since you'll have given money to charity AND paid tax, instead of just paying tax.

.[/quote']

You obviously haven't heard of the hyper-mathematics involved in rock star earnings.

To paraphrase Peter Cook:

"There are many laws for the rich, they can pick and choose which ones they like, and very little for the poor."