aberdeen-music

The end of Exodus?

Guest She-Wolf

Guest She-Wolf

Someone told me last night that Triple Kirks is being sold and made into flats! Please tell me this isn't true, I dont know what Id do without Exodus. Its the only club I really like in Aberdeen.

Someone told me last night that Triple Kirks is being sold and made into flats! Please tell me this isn't true' date=' I dont know what Id do without Exodus. Its the only club I really like in Aberdeen.[/quote']

This was in the paper - I think the talk of demolishing etc etc is confined to the ruinous part of the kirk and not the actual bar/club part. But the staff members on this website should be able to explain better.

Jeez...I thought it had burned down in the night or something.

It's the church spire the story refers to. Basically it's unsafe and has limited potential for redevelopment as it stands' date=' so it's going to be demolished and a new building put in its place, subject to planning laws.

Mitchells and Butler (the group that owns the TK's pub and club) would be crazy fools to sell their part of the building. And they're not. So they won't.[/quote']

Thank God for that then!

Where else could I dance like a maniac to The Smiths on a Saturday night? :D

So at last they get to knock the spire down. Barratts tried to get permission to flatten it thirty years ago, but they were refused due to the unique design and construction. So they left it derelict for a decade so that it was rotten and crumbling, then tried again. Again no. So they developed what is there now (Exodus etc.) and left the spire. However, looks like they've made it this time. Arses.