aberdeen-music

Stagecoach buses

Guest Tam o' Shantie

ellon - aberdeen is 2.50 or something each way, you can get return tickets but they are exactly the fare doubled. get a week ticket and you'll save an enormous amount of money.

does anyone know exactly how much one of these comuter cards cost? i would just be getting the bus out from aberdeen to ellon back and forth every day for week. Does it work out as cheaper?

Bob

it works out as a lot cheaper, i think it might be like 12.50 or something, which is a hella lot cheaper than a fiver a day

you can get a day return to ellon for 2.95... single is 2.60.

Remember to ask for a day return though.

The week thing is like 12.50 like penny said. I'm not sure how you get them though.

I get a horribly named 'mega rider plus' ticket from Aberdeen to Porty for 14 a week and that can be used for all town Stagecoach services. You just buy 'em from the driver. Not sure if it covers Ellon, though. Best thing to do is phone Stagecoach, 01224 212266.

As a six year veteran of travelling Stagecoach buses, allow me to impart some advice.

1) Get the commuter cards, they generally work out cheaper if you're travelling every day and price changes won't hit you so hard.

2) Avoid obese people like the plague. Especially on warm days. Eww.

3) Avoid chavs like there is no tomorrow. Especially Fraserburgh chavs. They will grate on your nerves to the point where you want to stab them in the eyes with a screwdriver. Repeatedly.

4) Sit as far back as you can. It makes the ogling of women that little bit less obvious... I kid, I kid! :p

As a six year veteran of travelling Stagecoach buses' date=' allow me to impart some advice.

1) Get the commuter cards, they generally work out cheaper if you're travelling every day and price changes won't hit you so hard.

2) Avoid obese people [i']like the plague. Especially on warm days. Eww.

3) Avoid chavs like there is no tomorrow. Especially Fraserburgh chavs. They will grate on your nerves to the point where you want to stab them in the eyes with a screwdriver. Repeatedly.

4) Sit as far back as you can. It makes the ogling of women that little bit less obvious... I kid, I kid! :p

Listen to this person. And son't sit next to anyone who plays their stereo full butt.... you will want to garotte them with their own headphones.

min! why do you want to work in ellon? all we have are charity shops and old people.

a) How much the bus to ellon from aberdeen is - 2.60 single, so i'm guessing it's 5.20 return? jeez. but you look quite young (without meaning to sound offensive :p) so you might get on for a half, in which case it's 1.60 return (cer-aaaazy.)

b) If you can get return tickets - aye.

c) if you can get any kind of week ticket - yeah you can. you can get pass things which work out waaaaaay cheaper than buying a ticket everyday. get them from the bus station or, i think, you can buy them on the bus. not too sure though