aberdeen-music

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

jester1470

Guest tv tanned

Looking forward to it also, along with the return to double figure scene points (oh woe).

The Mrs is going to get a copy when they first hit the shelves as we have one reserved.

I really don't care what the literary snobs who sneer at the books say, they are good escapism and have got kids reading again. That's win-win in my books.

Looking forward to it also' date=' along with the return to double figure scene points (oh woe).

The Mrs is going to get a copy when they first hit the shelves as we have one reserved.

I really don't care what the literary snobs who sneer at the books say, they are good escapism and have got kids reading again. That's win-win in my books.[/quote']

Couldnt agree more, anything that helps literacy cant be a bad thing...

So who is the half blood prince, i have my own theories...

Cheers

Stuart

WEIRD! I just had a dream where I was going to the cinema with LynDsey in the middle of the night and there were hundreds of people there who were going to a wedding (someone was getting married at the cinema) and these kids had a car which was full of china teapots. Some lady in the queue told us that Tesco are releasing Half Blood Prince on Saturday and then I fell over. Crazy!

I need to back and read all the other ones again so I'm prepared. Looking forward to this :) I'm a huge Harry Potter fan' date=' I just hate the films cause having read the books so many times I nitpick like a bast'd. What happened to Peeves??? He's not even in them![/color']

He was cast though, someone famous was cast as him, may be Rik Mayall, but all the bits from the first movie were cut... The third film really annoyed me because it did stuff like show Petigrew was still alive etc well before it should have.

I think the half blood prince is Hagrid, i think its to do with unifying the giants.

Cheers

Stuart

Got my copy ordered from amazon.

I hated the idea of Harry Potter for years. Here was a book that got millions of kids reading again and they went and made films...... Hmm whats a kid going to do? Read or watch a DVD.

I know from personal experience. Many a book report when i was at school was based on a book that i could just watch instead.

I only started reading HP coz a hot girl at work recommended them. I thought it would be good to share a common interest (of course i just thought this would give me a better chance of pulling said scrumpet...alas no).

Im totally hooked now.

I was planning on reading them all again before the new one comes out but im engrossed in American Psycho at the moment.......slightly different Genre.

He was cast though' date=' someone famous was cast as him, may be Rik Mayall, but all the bits from the first movie were cut... The third film really annoyed me because it did stuff like show Petigrew was still alive etc well before it should have.

I think the half blood prince is Hagrid, i think its to do with unifying the giants.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

I totally hadnt thougth of that..... I think your right.

My theory was that it was going to be Seamus. JK mentioned right at the start of the first book that his dad was a muggle and his mother was a witch. JK does have a little habit of jumping back to a seemingly innocent conversations and incidents and making them out to be a bigger deal than you first thought.

What do you think about the rumour/ weird betting thing that happened saying JK is killing off Dumbledore? I hope not.

What about Sirius what do we think happened to him? Im pretty sure he will be back somehow.

He'll be back in some way JKR has hinted on that, we havent seen the last of his mirror either. i think Dumbledore will die, its always said that as long as Dumbledores alive Harry's safe so to make for the climactic ending DD has to be gone and Harry must become the most powerfull wizard.

Cheers

Stuart

hp is magic to read. (see what i did!) the 3rd and 4th books were so ace that i didn't stop reading from the time i got them until i had finished. the 5th was a bit of a let down in my opinion, but I'm really looking forward to the new one. dumbledore is definitely related to harry, and if not there still has to be a big revelation.

rowling is going to do a star wars! he who shall not be named will actually be harry's dad. it all makes sense. where was harry's dad when his mum saved him. or whatever it was she did. hmmm? think about that.

and dumbledore will die. as he's lying down on his bed, he will say

'there is......another......sky.....walker...euuuurrrrhhjjjjgghhhh'

I can't wait! The hype almost put me off reading the last 2 books but I had no need to worry as they were both amazing. I remember becoming so into the "Order of the Phoenix" that I just couldn't stop reading it for 2 weeks. It made me cry, it made me laugh...what more could anyone ask for? When I finished it, the series of Smallville finished on tv at same time and my life seemed to lose all meaning. Then I decided to go out and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Yay, I can't wait either :) There will be some kind of midnight opening at a bookstore so we can dress up as wizards, I expect? I have loved all of the books so far, except I've noticed that the first ones were more carefully edited and probably better written, and I guess as JKR got more supreme and powerful she got her way more with editing and stuff. I don't mind though because the plots are ace so the longer it is the better :up: How great was it when Fred and George made their amazing departure from school? And how awful was Umbridge?! The only bit I don't like is Hermione's stupid House Elf stuff, it's just boring.

I really don't have a problem with the films, true that they come nowhere close to how great the books are but I still enjoy watching them. I'd have some changes in the casting though. Syd Barrett for Sirius - the best idea ever! Well, I mean back in the day. So maybe not such a good idea. But still, the theory!

I really don't have a problem with the films' date=' true that they come nowhere close to how great the books are but I still enjoy watching them. I'd have some changes in the casting though. Syd Barrett for Sirius - the best idea ever! Well, I mean back in the day. So maybe not such a good idea. But still, the theory![/quote']

I tried to avoid watching the films cos its just not the same but when I did finally see them, I must say they were most enjoyable. Of course I still prefer the books but theres enough room in the world for both.

I suspect Ron and Hermione might get together in this book. The romantic scenes between Harry and Cho Chang are awful though' date=' so I hope there's not too much "ah, guys just don't understand girls" nonsense in "...Prince".

AKM[/quote']

Tho it is true... we'll never understand them...

Guest Logan

I for one simply can't wait! I've been going a bit HP mad at the moment! I bought all the games on the XBOX and finished them within a week! Whoo! I'm watching all 3 movies this weekend, and then I'm going to read through all 5 of the books again before HBP comes out!

If it's anywhere near as exciting as the finale to the last book, we're in for a treat!!

Roll on the next movie too! It looks amazing and will no doubt be the best yet!!

I really don't care what the literary snobs who sneer at the books say' date=' they are good escapism and have got kids reading again. That's win-win in my books.[/quote']

Hell... I am King Literary Snob and I think they are ace. I've never spoken to anybody who has been disappointed by them after reading them... Hmmm.