aberdeen-music

Weezer

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Kings Of Leon are brilliant.

I concur, the Kings of Leon have been lumped in with those NME indie bands like the Strokes, but they are far superior. Easily the best band of the 00's in my opinion. It's refreshing to hear a band that can actually write a tune, what with the sudden influx of Post-Hardcore bands who concentrate on making noise.

And the Subways sound nothing like Kings of Leon, they're much more like the Vines or someone like that.

Make Believe is an absolutely horrible album, it so unbelievably bad, i can't believe that weezer made it. The Green album and Maladroit while not being nearly as good and blue and pinkerton are not as bad as some say. Maladroit especially has some very good songs on it. Make believe is just bad. Worst album of the year. I would have liked to have seen them though.

and the girls form the sunways is hot. and they're not that bad.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

The Subways were appalling. as far as i can figure out, their popularity is entirely dependant on the impossibly tiny skirts that the 'hot' bassist wears. by the way, she looks like a typical 'friday night blonde'. really, you wouldn't look twice if you saw her outside the kebab shop yelling at some dude. completely unremarkable.

Musically, they're dire. their songs are completely one-dimensional and sound to me like a watered down version of the more 'typical' White Stripes songs. Their stage presence also, is very samey. They shake their heads to the beat. Very dull.

The defining moment was the singer kicking the bassist's mike stand over, in a predictable 'spur of the moment' outburst. It obviously no coincedence that the bassist had no vocals to sing in the rest of the song, giving them plenty of time for one of their stage hands to come out and pick it up for her.

I concur' date=' the new Weezer album is their worst yet, by a long strech.

Maladroit was the best I think, followed by pinkerton.

In fact it's so bad I was thinking of returning it 8o[/quote']

this is sad news. i'd say everything after pinkerton's let me down in an 'it's just not weezer though' kind of way, although i guess it IS weezer and im being stupid and i just find them frequently disappointing because pinkerton blew me away. maladroit's grown on me begrudgingly like a fungating tumour ruining my youthful looks. i dont like to talk about it. I think the subways should change their name to 'the shit subways' and corner the 'scat baguette' niche of the internet ive been championing to friends and family for the past few months.