aberdeen-music

goNORTH : KEF 1st June

liam

i was at the full boar (think thats its name) for the fence collective but went to kef to se mmw. first time ive ever heard them thought they were pretty good would check them out again.

then went to see fighting with wire, thought they were pretty good too!!

tonght the bands i want to check out are spindrift and moi caprice, probably my fav tracks off the go north cd, might check out apartment as well think they were J.E.W. tour support.

i was at the full boar (think thats its name) for the fence collective but went to kef to se mmw. first time ive ever heard them thought they were pretty good would check them out again.

then went to see fighting with wire' date=' thought they were pretty good too!!

tonght the bands i want to check out are spindrift and moi caprice, probably my fav tracks off the go north cd, might check out apartment as well think they were J.E.W. tour support.[/quote']

The Wild Boar I think you would've been in.

I didn't notice Apartment were playing. Them of "Everyone Think I'm Paranoid" single fame?

Yup. Easily the best band to play in Exodus tonight. Spindrift were...words can't describe how 1996-OCS-quasi-mod they were' date=' They even had a Union Jack draped on the keyboard. Horrible music they were playing....

Apartment were very "now". Several people remarked on their similarity to The Bravery and The Killers. The single had led me to expect a Smiths-type bunch of indie chancers, but they were actually quite energetic and professional. I'd check out their next release on the basis of their performance tonight.

Moi Caprice were rubbish in Drummonds. Like Placebo on mogadon.[/quote']

Sweet Jesus! You were at gigs? :p

Quite wanted to see Apartment and Octavia. Was too tired/couldn't be arsed. And yet am still up now. Go figure.

Nerves perchance ;)

Octavia could hold a decent tune, my minds weapon were shit, alamos were the best band i saw by miles, fighting with wire on wednesday were ok but the distortion was ear peircing. My latest novel were pretty good to finish things off and I agree with what zippy said when he described the endrick brothers in the wild boar as similar to REM and teenage fanclub, they played some good pop!

I only caught Octavia. Was good to see women who could play, nice tunes, shame bout the feedback. Very nice to watch as well. Top black metal with melodic vocals...shame there wasn't more metal fans there to see it. Also picked up a nice free CD with songs from Red Harvest, Zyklon and Enslaved on...17 tracks of Norweigan metal. Great stuff :D