aberdeen-music

Hookers Green No.1, Electric Tibet, The A Forest - Tunnels, This Friday

HOOKERS GREEN NO.1

ELECTRIC TIBET

THE A FOREST

THE TUNNELS, THIS FRIDAY 3rd JUNE

some words on the hookers green no.1 album:

'Provincial Scotland has its secrets, which should be cherished. This new album by a group of hidden teenagers takes orch-pop and drops it off in another universe. If Pavement took indie-rock to venus, Hookers Green is happy to exist in the gamma quadrant. There is a history of pop here, Stax horns, fracture gospel, Spiritualized's faith, Pet Sounds and Wayne Coynes metaphysics. All put together as if bubbling out from another solar system. Imagine listening intently on headphones and the signal is constantly interrupted by the ten greatest things you want to hear, competing for attention. Random and cohesive. Split open and beautiful.'

Art Rocker Magazine

'Odd electro beats tumble into Pavement and punky jazz.'

4 out of 5, Rip and Burn Magazine

'Like Radiohead, The Flaming Lips and Mogwai experimenting with free jazz and Dntel-esque beats, and lets face it you cant get a better accolade than that! Hookers Green No. 1s debut album is a slice of experimental greatness.'

4 and a half out of 5, Gigwise.com

'Close yr eyes & envisage a decapitated Kate Bush backed by an armless string quartet (whove left their conductor on the bus) - & yre still some distance from achieving the maximum pretension levels required to make music of such mind-numbing tediosity'

- trakmarx 'punk' magazine

'Close yr eyes & envisage a decapitated Kate Bush backed by an armless string quartet (whove left their conductor on the bus) - & yre still some distance from achieving the maximum pretension levels required to make music of such mind-numbing tediosity'

what a great review....fucking moron, brobably only likes 3 chords in his music...

once for every synaps per minute.

Guest Gasss
HOOKERS GREEN NO.1

'Close yr eyes & envisage a decapitated Kate Bush backed by an armless string quartet (whove left their conductor on the bus) -

that was my favourite comment, until I realised it was meant to be negative. It still is my favourite comment. I would kill to be described like that

Guest Gasss

This is Electric Tibet's first gig in over a year, with an entirely new lineup featuring James Boynton/Andy Gajda (ex-subsistence), Frosty from Suvara and "Fighting" Philip James Johnstone.

haters of surf-doom-post-jazz-rock, afro cuban salsa and sax solos would probably not like them.

"too funky for my taste" Jockrock

Guest Zeenat Aman
This is Electric Tibet's first gig in over a year' date=' with an entirely new lineup featuring James Boynton/Andy Gajda (ex-subsistence), Frosty from Suvara and "Fighting" Philip James Johnstone.

haters of surf-doom-post-jazz-rock, afro cuban salsa and sax solos would probably not like them.

"too funky for my taste" Jockrock[/quote']

Sorry, there is no e in my Johnston! :p

Please tell me we are having a rehearsal thursday evening!?!?!?

Guest Zeenat Aman

Agreat evening, nice set by Hookers Green, joe and richard certainly make a big difference to the sound, in a good way of course!

My memory of the ET set is one of loudness, speed and not being able to hear anything other than andy bass, sandy guitar and frosty drums! ONSLAUGHT!

:gringo:

It got a resounding 'yas min!' for the two songs that Maxi saw he reported.

And then he went on to delight the back room of Moshulu with his DJing talents.

I hear nothing but good about Electric Tibet - are there any other gigs coming up that include ET in the lineup?