aberdeen-music

Last night at Kef

Aileen

Everyone have a good time?

I'm so pissed off that I missed like almost the entire gig....damn my friends for messing me about!!! Made it in time for Adequate 7 though and in my opinion, was worth it just for that!!! They were awesome.

Also, very strange seeing all you people that I only "know" from this site, in the flesh. But cool nonetheless....

Does anyone know......who was the dude with the long long hair and the cool hat that was dancing.....he was the coolest dancer I've ever seen! Yeah!!!!!!!!

Guest Scott 5FD

it was a really good gig.

can't really comment on MMW coz it was only an acoustic set and was the first time i saw them, but i'd like to see them with a full line up.

i thought PoO were great, last time i saw them i only got 2 songs, but i thought they had good prescene and were pretty funny.

The 44s were the rukkus, but they didn't play Evening Spread, arguably there best song. and they didnt have merch on sale. but yeh, they played well and got the crowd dancing.

Adequate 7 were better than i expected. i've got a song by them on a comp somewhere and its not all that impressive, but they brought the rock live, and i had a dance to them. super.

It was really brilliant gig.

MMW accoustic set was pretty good, although it wasnt a full line up it was still quite good.

Point of Origin's "return" gig was really good. Have a few catchy tunes such as Radio Song and Misery. Their new song is great too.

The 44's were on form once again had the whole place skanking. Only problem I would say is the spikey haired guy who had no regard for anyone and was throwing punchings and slamming people off the fence. Even when someone fell he dragged their body up violently. It was a good set anyway.

Adequete Seven I wasnt too sure what they were gonna sound like but they were brilliant. Unique sound with their blend of Ska,Metal and Rap. Amazing band-regretted not buying a cd.

I had such a good time last night! MMW were really good, it sounded ace on acoustic. PoO were awesome, their set was...phwoar! I loved Misery, lol. The 44's were brilliant as usual and Adequate 7 were cool! But....who the hell was the Mohawk guy? Thank to him I woke up this morning in agony - bruises on my arm, stomach, chest-area and a cut on my arm. :swearing: One word for you - Asshole.

nat xxx

Originally posted by nataliecnd:

I had such a good time last night! MMW were really good, it sounded ace on acoustic. PoO were awesome, their set was...phwoar! I loved Misery, lol. The 44's were brilliant as usual and Adequate 7 were cool! But....who the hell was the Mohawk guy? Thank to him I woke up this morning in agony - bruises on my arm, stomach, chest-area and a cut on my arm. :swearing: One word for you - Asshole.

nat xxx

Suppose he was going a bit too far, but hey if you cant handle it get out of the way.

Very much enjoyed Point of Origin. Very much. Ooh, they are great.

MMW would have benefited from giving Jamesy's guitar a bit of a tune up. Their style is more suited to playing as a full band, so thumbs up for trying something different.

The 44's, fantstic band, not denying that for one second, but not my thing usually. Played really well.

Adequete 7, not as good as the 44's.

The Kiwi fruit - Star of the whole night. Round of appplause for the kiwi.

My girlfriend gave Gouranga man some money and he gave her a book and a lighter.

He cornered me in town today, telling me about how he recognised me from last night. I told him Lisa gave him money and he was like "We can't have the women taking control can we? You should give money too!".

34 pence got me a lighter. Didn't complain.

from the monk (ages ago) a lighter, book and 'monk rock' cd. phwaor

my minds weapon- didn't see much of them

point of origin- great, have improved since the last time i saw them (whioch, ok, was july..)

the 44's- waaaah! great fun! amazing!

adequate 7- hadn't heard anything by them and cant say last night was enough to make me a fan, but yeah they were fun

Originally posted by Jason:

Point of Origin - Love the new songs! Still not sure if the old stuff is as good with the tempo change (I need a little more convincing)

Thanks Jason. I think your comment sums up what a lot of people who have been with us since the start are thinking right now. I believe 100% that the change is for better and that you'll agree with us eventually, but give us at least 6 months before you decide.

We've written a fast riff-dense song called "Wasting Time" that we'll do soon and Milner is gonna sing another new song as well. God knows what else we'll be doing by the end of summer. Hope you'll like it.