aberdeen-music

Last night at Kef

Aileen

Guest highroller

Cheers Jason!

Ok i wanna sum up the gig now!

MMW - WAS SHITTING IT, like more than normal!! The three of us had practiced pretty hard for it though! ALex was AWESOME in the role of lead guitarist for the nite and really did well, what a star! Jamesy was solid and his vocals are worthy of a mention as they are coming on!! I thought I was ok and the feedback re my voice is great...thanks!!

Point - Im with Jason! The skate punk tinged pop punk songs of old suffer a little with the new sound but the new ones in the new style....DEESC!! I think point are gonna raise ALOT of eyebrows in a good way! 2003 was a slow year for point but this is gonna be good!

44's - Again like Jason I never really understood the fuss! I mean they are an awesome band at what they do and tight doesnt do them justice but never thought they had any "songs" but loved it last nite actually!! Might get the ep!

AD7 - err sorry didnt see me to be honest, had to try and sort some stuff out upstairs!

Great nite!

Cheers for feedback guys :up:

MMW - Ben man. That voice. Loving it. You were the shining light for me. Great performance man. Alex did his role well considering he aint a guitarist. Nutin too flashy just solid as a rock. Jamesy you did well just wished you tuned up slightly. Songs sounded strong. You vocals slightly overpowering at times but thats me being bit over critical of a bloddy good effort from the weapon 3.

PoO - Sund from stage was shite. nae surprise there but was generally pleased with how it went. New song for me was bloddy rockin from where i was. anyone get a milencolim PP era feel from it?

44s - Solid as usual. Altho not living up to tag i give them as best unsigned band in scotland. Still overall i was loving it. Still nae figuring out how an 8 piece can be that solid tho. What you guys eat for breakfast?

AD7 - Missed them cause was feeling tired after playin. But if soundcheck anything to go buy they woulda been rockin out big time :up:

MMW - first time seeing them and i really enjoyed the set. I would now really like to see them with the full band set up. I have to agree with just about everyone else that Ben's voice was really good.

Point Of Origin - What a surprise! Last time I saw them, which was around July or something like that, I honestly didn't like them at all. But Saturday night definately changed my views. Like others have said, what an improvement! I really enjoyed them.

The 44's - Ace as ever. I love this band. Better than the last time I saw them, which was in December, and in my opinion I would say they are the best unsigned band in Scotland, at least that I have seen.

Adequate 7 - Only heard the one track before Saturday, but they were rockin'. Really cool funk punk. Got the album and it is really good as well. I would definately go check them out again.

Guest WalkingOnGlass

I thought Point were fucking ace. I've always thought that Misery is one of, if not thee, best song on the go right now by a local band/any band, seriously, tingles down my spine'n'all! I remember when Bob first played me it, I think it was the same day as we wrote Censored(Bring it Back or I'm stealing it for Weapon) and Bob wrote the riff for the new song they played on Saturday, I was just in awe! Record Misery, please!

The 44's are undeniably talented, however, they dont really float my boat.

I thought Adequate 7 had a shit frontman, that was about it really.

I had fun with the acoustic thing, made me smile!

Originally posted by Bob:

Thanks Jason. I think your comment sums up what a lot of people who have been with us since the start are thinking right now. I believe 100% that the change is for better and that you'll agree with us eventually, but give us at least 6 months before you decide.

We've written a fast riff-dense song called "Wasting Time" that we'll do soon and Milner is gonna sing another new song as well. God knows what else we'll be doing by the end of summer. Hope you'll like it.

No probs at all. I think with the tempo change, you lose some of the energy that was once there. But like I said before, the new stuff is great and Point still remain one of my favourite bands. And I'm with Jamesy - Put Misery on a new EP :)

Can't wait to hear everything you have planned as I'm sure you won't disappoint.