aberdeen-music

My Chemical Romance

medichi

Surely you can tell i was bored when i posted that and just felt like adding fuel to Demon of the Fall/Calum fire.

Not really. No need to make silly generalisations, anyway. If we all categorised everyone because of the music they liked we'd get nowhere at all.

I think we should all let this one lie one before it gets silly.

I like MCR. You don't. Other people do. Other people don't. Wow.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute' date=' you're saying the reason he shouldn't feel superior is that he's got a superiority complex?

:partyboy: (closest thing to a dunce hat)[/quote']

You, Mr. Intellectual, should know what a superiority complex is. Evidently not so.

To have an inferiority complex is to have an irrational feeling of inferiority.

Therefore, to have a superiority complex is to have an irrational feeling of superiority i.e. to think you're superior when you're not.

Transfer that to my point about Haigyman and you should see my point.

I'm afraid in trying to make me look stupid you've only succeeded in coming across as ignorant. :dunce:

Guest haigyman
You' date=' Mr. Intellectual, should know what a superiority complex is. Evidently not so.

Therefore, to have a superiority complex is to have an irrational feeling of superiority i.e. to think you're superior when you're not.

I'm afraid in trying to make me look stupid you've only succeeded in coming across as ignorant.[/quote']

go and read his post again.

he's saying that what you typed made it look like the reason he shouldn't feel superior is that he has a superiority complex...even though you were at the same time suggesting that was the reason why he felt superior in the first place.

Hooha' date=' negative scene point, well done for that- was very insightful.[/quote']

That was not me. Youcan think what you like, but that's just someone else trying to stir up more shit.

By "shite metal bands" I mean metal bands who are of a poor quality.

go and read his post again.

he's saying that what you typed made it look like the reason he shouldn't feel superior is that he has a superiority complex...even though you were at the same time suggesting that was the reason why he felt superior in the first place.

I seem to remember I was referring to yourself actually.

What I said was that your superiority complex is what makes you feel superior.

Yes I'm saying that that's the reason for your feeling of superiority, and at the same time I'm saying it's not a good reason.

That's the simplest I can make it I'm afraid.

Guest haigyman
I seem to remember I was referring to yourself actually.

What I said was that your superiority complex is what makes you feel superior.

Yes I'm saying that that's the reason for your feeling of superiority' date=' and at the same time I'm saying it's not a good reason.

That's the simplest I can make it I'm afraid.[/quote']

i'll give you the "referring to me" thing, but i still think your other point is a bit ambiguous

That was not me. Youcan think what you like' date=' but that's just someone else trying to stir up more shit.

By "shite metal bands" I mean metal bands who are of a poor quality.[/quote']

I wouldn't accuse, would just hope whoever did has the integrity to post it on this thread, rather than put the focus on you? I was really looking for you to define by example. Specific bands?

I wouldn't accuse' date=' would just hope whoever did has the integrity to post it on this thread, rather than put the focus on you? I was really looking for you to define by example. Specific bands?[/quote']

This will just start another slanging match so I'm not going to.

It's all a matter of opinion, so it's just be metal bands I personally don't like.

Why do I constantly call you an emo kid?

Because you make posts like this...

No. You still get right on my tits with just about every post as it happens' date=' so just no.

You may say things as "banter" but I'm still allowed to think it's shite banter.

Also, you know, I know, that you do think you're superior because of the music you listen to. [/quote']

Thats the sort of comment I associate with a pre-pubescent H.I.M fan to come out with. And I really couldnt care less if you are sick of me because you may have noticed everyone else on these boards seems to be sick of you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.opeth.com

Why do I constantly call you an emo kid?

Because you make posts like this...

Thats the sort of comment I associate with a pre-pubescent H.I.M fan to come out with. And I really couldnt care less if you are sick of me because you may have noticed everyone else on these boards seems to be sick of you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.opeth.com

That may be true, but it still adds up to saying "Takes one to know one" or something equally witty.

Once again Demon, cheap. So very cheap.

You' date=' Mr. Intellectual, should know what a superiority complex is. Evidently not so.

Transfer that to my point about Haigyman and you should see my point.

I'm afraid in trying to make me look stupid you've only succeeded in coming across as ignorant. :dunce:[/quote']

Haigyman was right. Whether his feeling of superiority is irrational or otherwise, it still follows that if he has a superiority complex then he should feel superior.

i think MCR are one of the better bands to come out of the 'emo' bag. The singles they have released do notdo them as much justice as the rest of the stuff...songs like Ghost Of You and This Is Not A Fashion Statement are fucking brilliant and the first cd ..headfirst for halos..was even better.

Gerard Way is an exciting and energetic frontman and the band as a whole are great live..they properly compel the audience instead of just coming on and being all about themselves...

Plus Frank Iero..Damn CUTE!