aberdeen-music

Last night - Ascension @ The Moorings

Doc Ascension

I thought you sounded better this time than last time. Probably because Mark was doing the sound and not me LMAO!

Yup on the bassist also.

Audible frequencies range from ~20Hz to ~20000Hz. And sub 20Hz is important too cos you can feel it.

It's not a linear scale but the half way mark is generally considered to be around 1000Hz. The bottom quarter is everything below 100Hz and you guys don't produce much down there at all. This makes it sound thin, harsh, and louder than it really is because the human ear prefers a good even mix throughout the frequency spectrum. If you play a commercial CD through an analyser then you'll see they all have a fairly balance specrtum.

Basically your sound is fatiguing to the ears, and a bassist would fix that.

Go read again Steve, all sorted, so leave it.

Thanks for feedback Flash, we are actually in the process of aquiring a bassist, prob in time for our next gig - has just been a bitch to find one, so we thought we would just start gigging anyway and get out there...

But cheers for the spread of knowledge - the better sound was prob down to me and Gregor getting new FX pedal thingies and having Power Metal distortion sounds destroying you all! :)

Guest stuartmaxwell

Audible frequencies range from ~20Hz to ~20000Hz. And sub 20Hz is important too cos you can feel it.

It's not a linear scale but the half way mark is generally considered to be around 1000Hz. The bottom quarter is everything below 100Hz and you guys don't produce much down there at all. This makes it sound thin' date=' harsh, and louder than it really is because the human ear prefers a good even mix throughout the frequency spectrum. If you play a commercial CD through an analyser then you'll see they all have a fairly balance specrtum.

[/quote']

im sure you cut and paste this stuff from yer cd manual

:)

i popped by the other day for a beer, you werent there :down:

saturday

havent been for a beer in the morings in ages so saturday was good night.

Was wierd going on accoustic after a heavy start but think the set seemed to go down well and cheers to anyone who stuck around to hear us.We didnt realise that we were last on otherweise we'd have played a bit longer!

Moorings is always a good atmosphere and sound was spot on so cheers to Brian and them for putting us on too.

Will have to organise a full band gig sometime for summer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE THIS THURSDAY - RADIO 1 DEMO DERBY - 7.30PM TO 9PM

VIC GALLOWAY SHOW

VOTE FOR THE LITTLE KICKS DEMO

MAKE IT TWO WEEKS IN A ROW!

NEXT GIG :SUPPORTING MYSTERY JETS @ MOSHULU - SUN 22ND MAY

havent been for a beer in the morings in ages so saturday was good night.

Was wierd going on accoustic after a heavy start but think the set seemed to go down well and cheers to anyone who stuck around to hear us.We didnt realise that we were last on otherweise we'd have played a bit longer!

Moorings is always a good atmosphere and sound was spot on so cheers to Brian and them for putting us on too.

Will have to organise a full band gig sometime for summer.

I enjoyed you both times but this last time was better! Can't wait to hear the full on electric plugged in band!

Guest Scorge Spike

We should have the live bass player sorted soon.

PS: Whoever said 'Get over yourself Mr Ulrich', well done, that almost offended me!

By some act of divine intervention' date=' I obtain 40 friends to come out on my 21st, and we all head to the venue. We each fork out two or three notes door tax, enjoy a beverage, and then just after you soundcheck and a song and a half in, just when you're trying to find your groove, we all vanish somewhere else. Regardless of a) why we leave, or b) what we think of the band or the people in the band, the fact that such a mass exodus takes place at a gig when those folk barely even watch the gig is going to boil the piss out of the performers who are on stage thinking that some fodder who may get something from them sod off at the whim of myself.[/quote']

that's ridiculous, this situation would never happen. you wouldn't come close to finding 40 friends :D

more seriously I always figure you play the best gig you can no matter how many people stay in the venue. I never notice what's going on during a set anyway what with the lights, the music and trying to concentrate on what I'm playing. If people leave during the set it can be irritating but it's not really worth worrying aobut. They may not like you, they may have somewhere else to be. Getting pissed off won't get them back so just play to who's left and hope they stick around longer next time.

Guest stuartmaxwell
that's ridiculous' date=' this situation would never happen. you wouldn't come close to finding 40 friends :D

more seriously I always figure you play the best gig you can no matter how many people stay in the venue. I never notice what's going on during a set anyway what with the lights, the music and trying to concentrate on what I'm playing. If people leave during the set it can be irritating but it's not really worth worrying aobut. They may not like you, they may have somewhere else to be. Getting pissed off won't get them back so just play to who's left and hope they stick around longer next time.[/quote']

can you not tell by doc acensions posts (yes, every second post on the thread) that he cares?

i have no doubt that DOCMURRAY/ACENSION/FUCKINGCUNT wants to get noticed in moshulu every friday!

fuck that shite, suck up to GASH@TMP! fiar do's, he is ugly as sin, but he has a good pub, has got mair money than sense (50,000 monitor anyone?????), and dresses like an amateur pirate (dinnae mention the seventh sea!)

BUT,

you get free beer and you get a GROSSLY overpriced cd recording of your (low endless) set (mainly because "your sound is fatiguing" and you dinnae have enough pirate-eye-patches on yer bands mug)

fuck that shite' date=' suck up to GASH@TMP! fiar do's, he is ugly as sin, but he has a good pub, has got mair money than sense (50,000 monitor anyone?????), and dresses like an amateur pirate (dinnae mention the seventh sea!)

[/quote']

Let that be an inspiration to ugly wanna-be-pirate idiots with 2" cocks everywhere. Opps - you didn't know I only had a 2" cock did you :O.

can you not tell by doc acensions posts (yes' date=' every second post on the thread) that he cares?

i have no doubt that DOCMURRAY/ACENSION/FUCKINGCUNT wants to get noticed in moshulu every friday!

fuck that shite, suck up to GASH@TMP! fiar do's, he is ugly as sin, but he has a good pub, has got mair money than sense (50,000 monitor anyone?????), and dresses like an amateur pirate (dinnae mention the seventh sea!)

BUT,

you get free beer and you get a GROSSLY overpriced cd recording of your (low endless) set (mainly because "your sound is fatiguing" and you dinnae have enough pirate-eye-patches on yer bands mug)[/quote']

errr.. Moshulu every Friday? gid een - I have only been in Moshulu once and that was for the Blaze gig.

And Maxwell, shut the fuck up and fuck off. You truly are a stupid fucking cunt - I hope you aren't like this in real life or I think you might find yourself knocked on your fucking ass more than a few times.

Fucking ringpiece.