aberdeen-music

Last night - Ascension @ The Moorings

Doc Ascension

haha awesome, now if we just pack the audience in to the bogs next time we are sorted :E

I personally don't miss the bass too much at the moment, we might have someone in the works for bass but we shall see.... it may miss that extra bottom, but I think we just about get away with it?

How'd the guitar with the LED's on it go down btw? :D:D

sounded like my cup of decaff when i walked past

walked past ... but weren't temped to come in !!???? poor poor show, hope your around for the next one!

I don't think we're planning on anymore covers at the mo, we had to drop one of our own songs last night since we ran outta time but that would be a fucking ace song to do in the future sometime!

Alkaline, you weren't the bald guy moshing like crazy during the last song were you? If not, I can't remember seeing you - memory like a goldfish and it takes a bit of concentration playing that speed haha

walked past ... but weren't temped to come in !!???? poor poor show' date=' hope your around for the next one!

I don't think we're planning on anymore covers at the mo, we had to drop one of our own songs last night since we ran outta time but that would be a fucking ace song to do in the future sometime!

Alkaline, you weren't the bald guy moshing like crazy during the last song were you? If not, I can't remember seeing you - memory like a goldfish and it takes a bit of concentration playing that speed haha[/quote']

Nope, i was standing on the left hand side of the stage at the start of your set with Gumpy, i had to leave half way through cause everyone else was going.

Guest Scorge Spike

I had a stinker of a night - as soon as knew I had to repair the double bass pedal, my concentration went down the shitter. The other three on stage sounded great.

Poor show on the turnout (especially after the flock of sheep fucked off), but kudos to those who stayed. :cheers:

PS: Little Kicks aren't normally my bag, but it was a nice comedown after such a frantic exertion, well played chaps.

Poor show on the turnout (especially after the flock of sheep fucked off)' date=' but kudos to those who stayed. :cheers:

[/quote']

Just a pity we were out for a friends birthday and it was his choice where we were going, a bit off that eh? i mean why on earth would he want to choose where he wants to go on his birthday thats just ridiculous. Fuck off you prat.

Guest Scorge Spike

Alright then shit for brains (yes Alkaline, for you are also responsible for the SPD are emo thread....), let's put this poser in front of you.

It's September 28th, it's a Fudgenight and opening the bill are From Her Ashes. By some act of divine intervention, I obtain 40 friends to come out on my 21st, and we all head to the venue. We each fork out two or three notes door tax, enjoy a beverage, and then just after you soundcheck and a song and a half in, just when you're trying to find your groove, we all vanish somewhere else. Regardless of a) why we leave, or b) what we think of the band or the people in the band, the fact that such a mass exodus takes place at a gig when those folk barely even watch the gig is going to boil the piss out of the performers who are on stage thinking that some fodder who may get something from them sod off at the whim of myself.

Whilst I'm eternally grateful that you thought so highly of the guitarists in our ensemble and paid the door tax, I reckon any post where you have geniuine concern for the music 'scene' should be printed off and placed in the circular filing cabinet in my room marked 'RUBBISH BIN'.

Alright then shit for brains (yes Alkaline' date=' for you are also responsible for the SPD are emo thread....), let's put this poser in front of you.

It's September 28th, it's a Fudgenight and opening the bill are From Her Ashes. By some act of divine intervention, I obtain 40 friends and we all head to the venue. We each fork out two or three notes door tax, enjoy a beverage, and then just after you soundcheck and a song and a half in, just when you're trying to find your groove, we all vanish somewhere else. Regardless of a) why we leave, or b) what we think of the band or the people in the band, the fact that such a mass exodus takes place at a gig when those folk barely even watch the gig is going to boil the piss out of the performers who are on stage thinking that some fodder who may get something from them sod off at the whim of myself.

Whilst I'm eternally grateful that you thought so highly of the guitarists in our ensemble and paid the door tax, I reckon any post where you have geniuine concern for the music 'scene' should be printed off and placed in the circular filing cabinet in my room marked 'RUBBISH BIN'.[/quote']

Dude, i don't care how many people i play in front of. I can safely say we've all played in bands that have had either a very poor turnout or a mass exodus at the show. Its a pity you just don't seem to be loving it for what it is, playing music. Thanks for being such a cock though, it made my morning. I was being supportive before but you can fuck off now, no wonder people walk out of your shows if you've got an attitude like that.

Ps if everyone else in the birthday group had of been staying i woulda too, 'cause i'd quite like to have seen the rest of your set. Ah well, i suppose losing one fan doesn't matter when you're used to a mass exodus at your gig.

no wonder people walk out of your shows if you've got an attitude like that.

well I don't think that comment is any use, he doesn't have a mic on stage so there's very little ways for the audience to be introduced to his attitude,

Let's just leave this behind right now, back to talking about the gig guys.

What did you guys think of the Little Kicks acoustic set? Pretty cool, I can see why they have a song on radio 1, it's really well suited to that style of music, and they play their music very well

well I don't think that comment is any use' date=' he doesn't have a mic on stage so there's very little ways for the audience to be introduced to his attitude,

Let's just leave this behind right now, back to talking about the gig guys.

What did you guys think of the Little Kicks acoustic set? Pretty cool, I can see why they have a song on radio 1, it's really well suited to that style of music, and they play their music very well[/quote']

He displays his attitude on here, but anyway i've got nothin against you guys in principle and i like the sort of music you play, so good luck to you.

Guest Scorge Spike

I'm perplexed, Phil (Just found out who you are). You say that it should be all about the music and not about the company you are in front of, yet you say you were genuinely (poss sp. error, fuck off) interested in what we were doing until your friends diverted you elsewhere?

There seems to be a problem with people going to gigs on their tod and the vanity that they may be a loser/loner/peado/etc - fuck that, if you want to revel in what an artist does, then fuck other people who don't.

I'm going to draw a line - if you are interested in the band, then great! Keep an eye on the website , buy the demo when it comes out, and see us again when we add a four-stringed warrior who can keep up. If you think I'm the arsehole, just add me to your ignore list, ignore me at gigs and don't bother conversing with my attitude. :D