aberdeen-music

Matt Elliott (third eye foundation) + Manyfingers + Thee, Stranded Horse -Frid 27/05

interesting music are exceedingly pleased to announce that an artist bound for the

SONAR Festival in Barcelona, is warming up, with his 1st date on his UK Tour.

Friday 27th May 05

The Tunnels,

Carnegies Brae

Aberdeen

Doors 8pm.

Entry 5

Matt Elliott

Manyfingers

Thee, Stranded Horse

Matt Elliott (aka The Third Eye Foundation)

MATT ELLIOT was/is THE THIRD EYE FOUNDATION with a string of albums,

singles, remix projects on (the legendary Planet Records and Lindas Strange Vacation but mostly DOMINO). His sound is a dirty but blissed out mixture of Arvo Part, Photek, Spaceman 3, Popol Vuh and Coil. This tour is in support of his new classically alcohol drenched and beautiful deranged long player 'Drinking Songs' on the independent French label Ici D'Aillieurs home of the famous composer of AMELIE Yann Tiersen and the cult French black-post-rockers BASTARD. One of England's finest, melancholically gifted unsung producers, MATT ELLIOT aka THE THIRD EYE FOUNDATION started out in mid 90s Bristol amongst a close knit network of bands including Flying Saucer Attack, AMP, Crescent and Hood (all of whom he played in or worked with). His debut album 'Semtex' was one of the 90s most astonishing debuts, a startling collision of MY BLOODY VALENTINE guitar violence, white noise and D&B rhythms. He subsequently signed to Domino Records and went on to release four haunting and paranoid albums on the imprint - picking up a cult following in the process - before retreating to rural France in 2001. Since then Matt's distinctive purgatory of mutilated samples and sorrowful, disembodied voices has given way to a more mature, organic and stripped down sound drawing on his taste for Slavic and Eastern European music. As you'll hear in his live show, he now favours a relatively unprocessed sound featuring guitar, cello and vocals. He is an outsider artist that moves in mysterious ways. His influence has been immense. Artists as diverse as Clouddead, Radiohead and the The Bug have all been touched by his primitive sense of atmosphere and hymn. A musician to file alongside MUSLIMGAUZE, BARK PSYCHOSIS and RICHARD YOUNGS.

this is how Sonar Festival announced his inclusion

http://www.sonar.es/portal/eng/news.cfm?id_noticia=242

Matt Elliott, the brilliant musician from Bristol who in the 90s was responsible for memorable records such as Third Eye Foundation, will perform his second record under his own name, Drinking Songs, live. The album confirms his stature as one of the most interesting artists of today.

www.thirdeyefoundation.com

www.icidailleurs.com/ <http://www.icidailleurs.com/>

Manyfingers

MANYFINGERS is the wonderful uber-instruentalist that entertains the audience by multi-playing, plucking, blowing his way through a host of instruments to create a engrossed, delicate but emotional soundscape that picks up on ECM jazz, MOUSE ON MARS electronix and RACHELS like post-classical. Is the work of Bristol based multi instrumentalist Chris Cole who has played and collaborated with a host of influential bands (CRESCENT, MOVIETONE, MATT ELLIOT), now a seasoned traveler. His self-titled debut was released last year on THE REMOTE Viewers label MOTEER. Utilising a cornucopia of live instrumentation - guitar, cello, xylophone looping live phrases up to create forebodingly beautiful sample symphonies. This breath-taking style marks him out as a unique and prodigious talent in his own right.

www.themilkfactory.co.uk/interviews/manyfingersiw.htm <http://www.themilkfactory.co.uk/interviews/manyfingersiw.htm>

Thee, Stranded Horse

Yann Encre (solo kora-guitar set) will present his new project .Thee, Stranded Horse. He will

perform a few folk songs solo on Kora (a West African 24-string Harp/Lute) and guitar.

• 2 weeks later...
thiry eye foundation playing in aberdeen' date=' fantastic he was involved in the early Bristol electronica experimental movement which MASSIVE ATTACK also came out of ..................[/quote']

This is going to be an exceptional event & qualty artists from beginning to end. Can't remember if we have put on such a talented possee of cutting edge artists.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I'm not even familiar with any ones work but I just lovd the charm and simplicity that I felt I must join in. I am going though so I may do this move on the night!

Jim

is trhat the moves you are trying out tomorrow in advance of your

T In The Park appearance.

if so I hope you don't trip over the drum kit

You say this about every gig you put on. Mind you' date=' you're always correct.[/quote']

not always, but its not often we can say Matt Elliott tonight is going to the SONAR festival

Rory Mcleod tomorrow is going to The Glastonbury Festival (both to perform)

& Picastro & Matt Elliott & djbiphop all feature on The Wire Tapper 13 free CD.

Cutting edge stuff in Aberdeen

If anyone sees a car heading into town with 3 guys that look like Matt Elliott + Manyfingers + Thee' date=' Stranded Horse point them in the direction of The Tunnels please. Then point yourself in the same direction for what promises to be a fine evening.[/quote']

A fantastic evening of eclectic entertainment..........

what a superb night' date=' not a good turn out, artists totally delighted by the warmth of our audience (yet again).[/quote']

Manyfingers was just sheer brilliance, mesmerising! Matt Elliott's first three songs were awe inspiring, but I could have down with more in the same vein than the last electronic opus. Another top night!

really loved the first two acts. Thee Stranded Horse was simply beautiful and Manyfingers was just awesome. Like he was soundtracking a film in his head, building layer upon layer until the climax. Matt Elliot was good but just didn't grab me the way the other two did.