aberdeen-music

The anti-Darling thread

NARC

Guest tv tanned

Watching Alistair Darling try to keep turning every question into a 'vote Labour or you get the Tories' response was as predictable as it was nauseating.

Is it any wonder folk are turned off politics? There was a segment where three individual questions were asked by different members of the audience. Salmond answered all three, Duncan slagged off Salmond, Darling didn't answer any and made a party political broadcast, and by the time it came to poor wee Malcolm Bruce he'd forgotten what the questions were :laughing:

I try and watch these shows through the eyes of an undecided voter, and it still made me think Salmond was the most credible. Bruce came across OK I thought, but the voting record of the Lib Dems at Holyrood is his biggest problem.

Guest tv tanned
I do like Alex Salmond' date=' but i wouldn't vote for basically a one issue party.[/quote']

Scottish Independence

Citizen's Pension

Axe The Council Tax

Oil Windfall Fund to ensure that future generations benefit from the wealth of today

Community Policing rather than ID cards

Decommissioning Nuclear Weapons

No to Nuclear Power

Investment in Renewable Energy Projects to harness Scotland's renewable energy potential.

Lower corporation tax to encourage investment into Scotland

One issue, yup...

There was one thing which impressed me about me about Salmond. He sent a letter to Gordon Brown asking for a debate regarding why Scotland has a far poorer economy that the rest of the UK and why he hasnt done anything to help. Im not going to vote SNP but Salmond had a point.