aberdeen-music

Liverpool Vs. Chelsea

huntedbyafreak

Can't bloody wait for kick-off! I reckon that it's gonna be hellishly tight over both legs... Maybe even decided by away goals. Liverpool haven't had any luck against Chelsea this season so I'm hoping that the tide will turn a little! Liverpool have also been given a better chance with Alonso coming back but it'll be tight.

Cannae wait! Wooooooo!!!!

Guest Bob Double Jack
What kind of odds are Liverpool getting? I wouldn't put it past them to get a result' date=' "It's a funny old game" etc etc.[/quote']

9-2 for the away win, and 23-10 for the draw. I've put on both. Come on the mighty reds - get it right up them rich russky gits. :rockon:

say...Liverpool do the unthinkable' date=' but not unprobably thing and win the Champs Leage, and Everton get 4th. Who do people think should qualify for next seasons CL? One half of Liverpool will be pissed off anyway[/quote']

Easy, Livepool. It's the champions league after all so the champions should get to defend the title, not the team that came 4th in the league.

thats not actually true cause its been stated that its gotta be the top 4 teams no mater what

No UEFA have said that it's up to the local FA who goes through, but they're limited to putting 4 teams forward. This is what happened when Real Madrid got entry into the champions league a year or so back after they finished 5th, but had won the competition.

Easy' date=' Livepool. It's the champions league after all so the champions should get to defend the title, not the team that came 4th in the league.[/quote']

Yeah, this is what I think. It does seem ludicrous that a team can finish as low as 4th yet still get in Europes premier competition.

I was on my way back from glasgow so i missed most of the game.

listened to the last 15 minutes and picked up enough to hear alonso is suspended for the replay. So yeah, Liverpool don't have a chance.

Pity though. As much as I like "the chosen one" I really don't like Chelsea.

listened to the last 15 minutes and picked up enough to hear alonso is suspended for the replay. So yeah' date=' Liverpool don't have a chance.

[/quote']

That's a load of bollocks. Alonso will be a huge miss because he's been playing amazingly since coming back but to say that we have no chance? Pfft. Did you watch the Juventus match? The atmosphere terrified some of the best players in the world... and it's only going to be bigger for this match. That was without Alonso as well.

I'm not saying that we are through. If Chelsea get a goal, that could be the end. But we have a fucking great chance to get through. I don't think anybody can deny that.

That's a load of bollocks. Alonso will be a huge miss because he's been playing amazingly since coming back but to say that we have no chance? Pfft. Did you watch the Juventus match? The atmosphere terrified some of the best players in the world... and it's only going to be bigger for this match. That was without Alonso as well.

I'm not saying that we are through. If Chelsea get a goal' date=' that could be the end. But we have a fucking great chance to get through. I don't think anybody can deny that.[/quote']

You are wholly too aggressive. You do indeed have the off chance, but you have to remember that Chelsea are no strangers to Liverpool. When Italian sides and English sides meet you can never really tell what will happen because of the differences in their games. I would hardly say the Juventus players were "terrified" of the Anfield crowd, if you have been to the San Siro I think you will find that the atmosphere there is far more striking, any team that has to play there every season would have had enough experiance not to be undone by a bunch of scousers. What I imagine happened is that an extremist liverpudlian group sent messages to the Juventus dressing room saying something a long the lines "while you are playing this game, I am stealing you're best car" We all know that Italians love car's more than they love spaghetti. That psycological edge was devastatingly effective in numbing the class of Juve.

You do have a great chance of getting through though. A greater chance than anyone could ever have expected. You are actually there, and to give you credit you are still in it. I just don't think they have what it takes to contain Chelsea in the next leg. I hope i'm wrong though. Actually I want Chelsea to go through so I can watch Shevchenko rip Terry apart.

I didn't even really start getting aggressive! All I said was "That's a load of bollocks". Which it was. Read on one of the LFC forums that Del Piero actually said that Anfield was one of the most intense atmosphere's he had ever played in. Think that came from an interview with that Claire girl from Sky Sports. The point is that European nights at Anfield are insanely intense. It might just knock Chelsea like it knocked Juventus. Hell, they could barely get the ball in the first half at Anfield.

People never thought that Liverpool had what it takes against Juventus, Bayer Leverkusen, and Olympiakos. I don't see why we can't beat Chelsea as well. I rate the chances as 50/50.

It is an opinion, not total bollocks. You haven't found a super truth because del piero made an excuse to a sky sports presenter. As you say, YOU figure Liverpool have a 50/50 chance. Most people would disagree, yet it doesn't mean you're speaking bollocks.

I wish I was actually offended, but i'm just stunningly bored.