aberdeen-music

Big thanks!

Blair Quik

Massive shout goes out to everyone who came to Moshulu last night, to experience our return show.

At Long Last were fucking awesome! Second gig? Bloody hell they're good! PMX were great as usual, Dirtbox too (although the set seemed a bit short :nono: .

Great to be back on stage again after so long. Keep an eye ot for our next show which should have another new song "The Beginning of The Ret of The Future" as well as a completely rewritten version of "Second Chance" if anyone remembers that one?! We'll count that one as a new song too: it's very different.

Anyway, once again, cheers! :cheers:

PS: Anyone get filmed by the tv cameras?

Phil, the recording is for - get this - Blair's TV show. Well, kinda. He's going to be in a BBC documentary later on in the year, following him through teacher training and his every day life, like being a great big rock star in an amazing band. When the cameraman was deciding where he was going to shoot... an old man standing there looking like he was going to break out into a mosh. :D

Anyways, last night was just awesome. 4 top-knotch bands, great atmosphere and PEOPLE! I was chuffed to see so many people there, and a huge bunch I'd never seen before.

Quik - what a performance. Like Claire said, after being gone so long, you have just got to appreciate what this band do. Ian looked understanably nervous but he pulled it off exceptionally well. I could just picture him being tested out to Private Eye. Was smashing, again. Lost No Longer was particularly mighty. I don't even have a single bit of contructive criticism. Sound was a bit mushy. Maybe I was too near the front. Tomato soup indeed.

Dirtbox - I'm sure you all know by now I love this band. They have come along so far these last couple of years. The new demo is impressive, like woah. Sound wasn't as good as the town hall in Costa del Brechin on Friday though! Fuck the nay sayers, thank you.

PMX - woohoo! Tight as a ducks bumhole as usual. Much respect for the 25th Is Not An Option guys for rocking out. If you like your ace melodic skate punk, go and get the album, Rise And Shine. Rocks the joint.

At Long Last - I still can't get over the fact than Jason can move like that. For a 2nd gig, it was :up:

All bands played fantastic with a lot of passion. What a buzz. But all sets felt really short, aye. Dunno if it was just 'cos I was enjoying myself that much. No, the sets were pretty short.

'mon the Quik.

This should be in the feedback forum, huh?

how many attended?

I couldn't go due to ill health:(

You mean you couldn't attend because you were fucking wankered the night before..:p

Last night sounds like it was one of those nights where Aberdeen really showed what it was capable of - 120+ in the Moorings, the same (or more? not sure) in Moshulu - who knows, maybe the "scene" isn't as bad as people say it is after all :p

Wow' date=' 120 in the moorings? How the fuck could you do that? No way is that in-the-event-of-fire safe![/quote']

You'd be surprised - with the seats in, it's rated at 150, and 250 without the seats in.

Drakes was able to take 120 (I'm told 140 was the absolute jam packed no-room-to-swing-a-hamster limit) fine, and that was way smaller in terms of actual floor area.

The Moorings looks smaller than it actually is because of the length of the bar, i think - in terms of actual floor area, it's probably about the same as the back room in moshulu.

have to say quik raped everything in sight!

dirtbox are the best they've ever been, i really didnt like em a couple years ago except that one really fast song they did, then i didnt really like where they were goin with their sound last year when we played with em at moshulu, but they're top dog these days

pmx were damn fine also

at long last- awesome for such early days, however i prefered the energy you guys had in bens kitchen the other week.

overall it was quite a good show. me and leckie got filmed a bunch, i'd like to see that

dirtbox are the best they've ever been' date=' i really didnt like em a couple years ago except that one really fast song they did, then i didnt really like where they were goin with their sound last year when we played with em at moshulu, but they're top dog these days

[/quote']

Awesome, that's really cool to hear that. Darren was telling me some guy in the toilet at the same time as him was talking to his mate saying "ho ho, wonder how shite Dirtbox'll be the night like"... they got themselves a shock from him. Fair enough, each to their own, but not when the bassist is standing there. They should check their surroundings first.