aberdeen-music

The Daily Record on sXe

french_disko

But even in Glasgow there are hard-liners who hand out Bring Back Prohibition leaflets and lash out at anyone they see smoking or drinking.

A militant sXe band recently appeared at a venue in the city and tried to punch members of the audience who were drunk.

Is it just me that finds the whole concept of being violent towards people who won't abstain from alcohol hilarious?

Oh, and punching a drunk when you're sober isn't exactly hard either, so really, they should rot in hell. What's the point in abstaining from all sorts of stuff if you're going to be a total prick?

Thank fuck the people I know who don't drink and suchlike aren't like that..

That's the funniest headline I've read in ages...

With fellow Straight Edge - or sXe - follower Louise Mitchell,19, she plans to get the inside of her lip tattooed any day now.

That just made me think of the Familiars in Blade.

She said: 'There are so many teenage pregnancies and sometimes it feels like everyone is getting wasted. Something has to change and if that means getting sober and gaining self-respect then fine

Maybe if education on such things was better, with more "shock tactics" and made more interesting for kids, it would be taken on board.

You don't have to be sXe to be sensible...

In 1997 at a concert, Straight Edgers in Salt Lake City carved an 'X' in the back of a man who lit a cigarette and two others stabbed a 15 -year-old smoker to death on a street on Hallowe'en in 1998. Fanatics have neo-Nazi leanings, are homophobic, militant pro-lifers. Those who 'break edge' by drinking or taking drugs may be shunned.

That's just like... so hardcore!

*Sigh*

That's quite sickening to be honest. Makes you no better than a drunken lout.

That's quite sickening to be honest. Makes you no better than a drunken lout.

I'd be tempted to say that it makes you worse than a drunken lout - at least the person was under the influence of a substance - but if your body is completely clean of such things, what excuse do you have to do that to others?

I take it that it's not just me that thinks these "Militant sXe" types are basically neds under a different uniform?

I don't understand their logic - drink, drugs & sex, which are down to personal choice & don't necessarily others are BAD. Yet, guns & violence, used on others, are GOOD.

It's just right wing rhetoric dressed up to appeal to impressionable youngsters.

I have no problems with people exercising personal choice - I just feel that using strong arm tactics to force your views onto others is wrong.

Nah' date=' the Record's April Fool is that Rangers are banning bigots -

[url']http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=15354504%26method=full%26siteid=89488%26headline=gers%2dban%2d%2dbigoted%2d%2dteachers-name_page.html

Aye, riiiiight!!!!!!

That's not the April Fool, It was in other papers after the CIS cup final, some guy and his two daughters got banned casue they stood up when everyone else was standing so they could see what was going on.

That's not the April Fool' date=' It was in other papers after the CIS cup final, some guy and his two daughters got banned casue they stood up when everyone else was standing so they could see what was going on.[/quote']

:laughing:

Obviously someone missed the joke completely :D

"In 1997 at a concert, Straight Edgers in Salt Lake City carved an 'X' in the back of a man who lit a cigarette and two others stabbed a 15 -year-old smoker to death on a street on Hallowe'en in 1998. Fanatics have neo-Nazi leanings, are homophobic, militant pro-lifers. Those who 'break edge' by drinking or taking drugs may be shunned"

yes. they're nazis.

I rest my case.