aberdeen-music

Ooo, Ooo, CDs!

lil_kazzy

I just spent all my birthday money. In an hour. I'm poor again!

I bought:

Counting Crows : Films about ghosts, the best of

Box Car Racer : Box Car Racer

Dashboard Confessionals : A mark - A mission - A brand - A scar

Shrek : Soundtrack

A Perfect Circle : Thirteenth Step

Idlewild : 100 broken windows

Something Corporate : North

aand

Terry Pratchett : Small Gods

I fear I went a little insane. This is the first time I've ever had money just to spend on music, and it's all gone!

Also, Virgin think I'm a metal kiddy... Box Car Racer, Dashboard, Something Corporate, Bowling for Soup and Blink are all in Metal/Nu Metal in Virgin. Rachie's going to write to them and complain :D

I just spent all my birthday money. In an hour. I'm poor again!

I bought:

Counting Crows : Films about ghosts' date=' the best of

Box Car Racer : Box Car Racer

Dashboard Confessionals : A mark - A mission - A brand - A scar

Shrek : Soundtrack

A Perfect Circle : Thirteenth Step

Idlewild : 100 broken windows

Something Corporate : North

aand

Terry Pratchett : Small Gods

I fear I went a little insane. This is the first time I've ever had money just to spend on music, and it's all gone!

Also, Virgin think I'm a metal kiddy... Box Car Racer, Dashboard, Something Corporate, Bowling for Soup and Blink are all in Metal/Nu Metal in Virgin. Rachie's going to write to them and complain :D[/quote']

as for those choices................... :moody:

Hehe... Easy come easy go...

The fact that some of those bands would be classed as metal... in any store... worries me greatly!

You could have at least bought some decent music with your bday money.... ;)

Haha, thanks Paul. At least I'm buying music at all now! The only CDs I've previously owned are Ultimate Disney Collection, Texas and... er.... Less than Jake. That's about it.

Vague being the operative word there... Mind you since when did HMV and Virgin really know a thing about music? Hehe...

Kazzy... this is true... You and buying CD's, its going to take a while for that one to sink in I thinK!

The word processor is mightier than the sword... (Doesn't quite have the same ring to it does it?)

Haha' date=' thanks Paul. At least I'm buying music at all now! The only CDs I've previously owned are Ultimate Disney Collection, Texas and... er.... Less than Jake. That's about it.[/quote']

Christ you're only about a month younger than me! Here's me thinking "Cut the lass some slack, she's a 14 year old newcomer to the compact disc concept" but no!

Get your act together, at least Idlewild was a start

Oh leave her alone. Not everyone has to listen to the same music as you to be "cool".

Just because someone happens to like bands like Something Corporate, or Dashboard they suddenly become a loser, why? Because they like emo?

*Sigh*

That's just an elitist and quite frankly shitty attitude to take.

EDIT:

And question - have you listened to half of these CDs? Have you listened to the Counting Crows one? All of the songs?

If you haven't then I don't quite see how you can form the opinion that they "upset you"

Oh leave her alone. Not everyone has to listen to the same music as you to be "cool".

Just because someone happens to like bands like Something Corporate' date=' or Dashboard they suddenly become a loser, why? Because they like emo?

*Sigh*

EDIT:

And question - have you listened to half of these CDs? Have you listened to the Counting Crows one? All of the songs?

If you haven't then I don't quite see how you can form the opinion that they "upset you"

[/color']

I agree, don't really understand why everyone is 'dissing' her tastes, each to their own and all that.

Idlewild and APC :up:

Just because someone happens to like bands like Something Corporate' date=' or Dashboard they suddenly become a loser, why? Because they like emo?

*Sigh*

EDIT:

[/color']

I don't think less of her, just her taste in music ;) ...I don't care if people have a different opinion about music as me, just as long as i can say i don't like it. I have lots of friends who i think have revolting tastes in music, not as far as emo though...

I'm not particularly keen on Dashboard, and I only occasionally listen to Something Corporate, but that Counting Crows CD is fantastic, as is the Shrek soundtrack and I'm certainly not about to start bitching about APC - given that it was my idea for her to get that CD since I've not been able to stop listening to it.

It's "aberdeen-music" not "aberdeen-goffs-and-metal-heads-no-emo-kids-allowed"

So she's bought those CDs, doesn't mean she doesn't listen to other music too.

I like that Dashboard Confessional album.

I also like Something Corporate. Their best album is their first, "readybreak", which you can't get in shops because it's super rare or something. I have a copy of a copy of a copy, and it's great.

The piano solos are incredible.