aberdeen-music

When do the clocks go forward?

oops getting me dates muddled up i thought friday was the 27th for some reason, anyhow only a week to go and i dunno bout you lot in scotland but we had some smashing sunshine here in ireland yesterday which made me feel very summery indeed!

becasue of the ministry and a few other clubs taking the piss a few years ago, all clubs in Aberdeen will close at 3am BST on the 27th which will be 2am GMT (what we are currently running on), due to the fact that when the clocks went back they got to stay open till 4am BST (3am GMT). The council decided that too many were taking the piss and started threatening to revoke licences.

I'd really prefer it if both time changes didn't affect club opening hours at all. Next Saturday I'm going to have to play a truncated set' date=' which is going to leave a lot of punters unhappy when they get chucked out an hour early, and all the staff will lose an hour's pay. Last year, when the clocks went back, everyone was too knackered to dance by 3.20 and buggered off home, which left me with a near-empty nightclub by 4. Neither situation is any fun.[/quote']

yeah i can see your point, but you know the history of clubs and the licencing board.

byt great set tonight, throughly enjoyed myself, mind you winning the the quiz before hand may have helped as well :D

true but given the fact that taxi ranks are usually full until well after 4am, and the fact that the buses stop after 3am i seriously doubt it would make a blind bit of difference. The sooner first bus pull their finger out they're ass and have 24 hour buses, even just on the weekends, the better, as the less people wondering the streets, or standing waiting for a taxi, to cause the trouble in the first place the better.

Another great Aberdeen Council initiative...taxi rank bouncers. First find a bouncer who isn't working on Friday or Saturday night...

After that fails' date=' search Craigie for inmates with a deathwish...[/quote']

you know just merely thinking about endless hours i've spent at aberdeen taxi ranks makes me appreciate i live in a city where i can get a cab 24/7, i have no social life anyway and live in the city centre - bloody typical really....