aberdeen-music

Tsunami/Band Aid Show - Urgent

jester1470

At the moment we're not even close to making the expenses on this gig, let alone any money for charity, when this was suggested there was a huge outpouring of people willing to go and support it and at the moment is there anyone on here who has actually bought a ticket ? It is with great regret that we have to say if this gig hasn't covered its expenses by Sunday then we're going to have to pull it. It's not fair on Moshulu to lose money over this show.

There are still a few slots for bands who can play and this would have been an amazing gig but we need to guarantee we can cover the costs before we can go ahead. If this gig is still to go ahead I need the sets from the people taking part so we can make sure songs aren't repeated.

I really hope that the scene can pull together and make this happen for the charities,

Cheers

Stuart

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned

Not having a dig here, I was keen to become involved until the meetings became difficult/impossible for me to attend, but:

1. How widely has this gig been advertised?

2. Has any sponsorship been sought?

I'm happy to go but currently cannot afford to pay money upfront for a ticket due to financial constraints.

At the moment we're not even close to making the expenses on this gig' date=' let alone any money for charity, when this was suggested there was a huge outpouring of people willing to go and support it and at the moment is there anyone on here who has actually bought a ticket ? It is with great regret that we have to say if this gig hasn't covered its expenses by Sunday then we're going to have to pull it. It's not fair on Moshulu to lose money over this show. [/quote']

What sort of 'costs' and 'expences' are required for a Charity Gig? I thought venues usually didn't put a fee on them as it kinda defeats the purpose of it being for charity...

Guest tv tanned

payment for advertising

paying bar staff, bouncers et al

there are a lot of costs which have to be paid out in order to host something like this, and moshulu isn't some huge corporate enterprise which could waive the costs and it not make a difference.

payment for advertising

paying bar staff' date=' bouncers et al

there are a lot of costs which have to be paid out in order to host something like this, and moshulu isn't some huge corporate enterprise which could waive the costs and it not make a difference.[/quote']

Thankyou,

while we are going to be scrupulous about ensuring ALL profits go to charity, I think its fair we cover staff costs, advertising etc.

If we wanted to make a donation we would have just sent a cheque.

What sort of 'costs' and 'expences' are required for a Charity Gig? I thought venues usually didn't put a fee on them as it kinda defeats the purpose of it being for charity...

I take full responsibility for the costs issue.

I felt it was unfair to demand that our staff (bar/security/glass collectors) and sound engineers and crew work at this event for nothing.

These costs may reduce depending on donations from the staff etc but I am not going to force them to give up their weekly income.

And before you ask... Yes i`ll be working for nothing and crewing for the day. I`m also the person that has paid for the lovely tickets that you can purchase in advance from One Up Records or The Bassment.

Nice plug huh....

Not having a dig here' date=' I was keen to become involved until the meetings became difficult/impossible for me to attend, but:

1. How widely has this gig been advertised?

2. Has any sponsorship been sought?

I'm happy to go but currently cannot afford to pay money upfront for a ticket due to financial constraints.[/quote']

We should be getting newspaper advertisments etc next week, sponsorship wasnt sought primarily because at the end, pretty much because by the time we worked out what we were doing time was against us. This was in no way a dig at you TV Tanned, you came when you could and helped out when you could, and your input was appreciated.

Cheers

Stuart

I take full responsibility for the costs issue.

I felt it was unfair to demand that our staff (bar/security/glass collectors) and sound engineers and crew work at this event for nothing.

These costs may reduce depending on donations from the staff etc but I am not going to force them to give up their weekly income.

And before you ask... Yes i`ll be working for nothing and crewing for the day. I`m also the person that has paid for the lovely tickets that you can purchase in advance from One Up Records or The Bassment.

Nice plug huh....

I wasn't having a go or anything, i'm also giving up my sunday at work meaning i'll lose around 70 from my weekly income, and i don't expect or want to get paid. All i'm saying is that it can't be *that* hard to find people that actually wan't help out.

I'll get a ticket tonight and prod my friends to do the same.

Ross if you've got any posters for it yet gimme a shout and I shall put them up.

It would most certainly be a shame to see this fall through.

Anything I can do to help advertising/just helping out-wise let me know.

Right' date=' I'll get a ticket on Saturday.

It would be shite if this gets pulled.

Who's playing?[/quote']

Black Atom

Baby Karma

Onion Terror

X-Certs

Stayover/MMw combo

Radio Lucifer

Possibly Element 106

And hopefully 2 more bands tbc,

Any bands that think theycan learn at least 2 80's songs in time and can draw a crowd give me a shout, and any of the bands who are playing please if you haven't done so email me your set,

Cheers

Stuart

It would appear we have lost another band from this, so we still have 2 or 3 places, if you think your band can learn at least 2 80's songs for a 15 minute set then please give me a shout, we have theEE/P&J doing a piece on it so a good chance to get your name iin print.I would reallty like thos gig to take place but bands are dropping off and with low ticket sales its not looking likely, this is a chance for us as a music community to pull together and do something meaningfull.

cheers

Stuart

yip can see your point, think the organisers are doing a good job tho because its quite an ambitious gig to pull off. I could be wrong on this but I think the emphasis is more on the Band Aid charity now because I'm not totally sure if Tsumani appeal is still accepting donations.

<warning take everything I say with a pinch of salt, I know nothing..well very little, and the rest I make up as I go along :popcorn: >