aberdeen-music

Heckling

Guest Zeenat Aman

Guest Zeenat Aman

Why do people do it? In my experience those that do, tend to heckle at just about every gig they attend.

Maybe if a band is being crap towards an audience they deserve it, but if all they are doing is playing their music why do it?

Hmmmm.

some ppl jus think it's funny as hell to see if they can get a reaction. The best heckle i ever had was in the malty from an irish guy who shouted "I FECKED UR MOTHER" repeatedly then decided to touch and play wiv his nipples. I was amused although i could have jus easily nailed his head into a million pieces wiv my gtr.

Guest stuartmaxwell
biz' date=' maxi and joss -the holy trinity of local heckling[/quote']

proud i tell thee. proud.

it gives the band a chance to look great in front of fans, thats why we do it. we are helping make bands er better. i usually only heckle good bands though, and its usually fowk i know.

Guest Zeenat Aman

Many a heckle has ruined many a good gig though. :(

I supect a male heckler may have issues about his micro penis, thus he feels the need to publicly show some other form of 'muscle'.

:)

Many a heckle has ruined many a good gig though. :(

I supect a male heckler may have issues about his micro penis' date=' thus he feels the need to publicly show some other form of 'muscle'.

:)[/quote']

You have been slightly controversial recently, wheres the love, peace and Krishna gone :D

Guest Zeenat Aman
Ok' date=' maybe not but you have come out of your shell recently ;)[/quote']

I think the word is Techy or touchy?

I get up at 4am, it's understandible that I may be slightly less peace and love by 5pm. :help:

Plus, i've started to listen to more local mp3s! :jester:

Why do people do it? In my experience those that do' date=' tend to heckle at just about every gig they attend.

Maybe if a band is being crap towards an audience they deserve it, but if all they are doing is playing their music why do it?

Hmmmm.[/quote']

I've only ever heckled twice, and both times it was completely deseved. Recently I was at a gig seeing my mate's band The Little Kicks, and the headline act were appalling. It was Thee Unstrung, and they were the biggest case of Libertines rip off merchants I've seen in my life. The exact same music , exact same attitude... the guitarist was blatantly trying to copy Pete Doherty. So when the place went quiet I shouted "SHITE!" My mates agreed it was deserved.

The second time was when I was at Drakes over a year ago at an open mic night, and I was ridiculously drunk. Some pair of eejits decided to hijack it for an "EP Launch" and proceeded to bore us (well me) to death with bland as fuck songs. During a cover of some Simon & Garfunkel song (I think so anyway...) I shouted out "PENIS!" at an inappropriate/appropriate (depending on your view) point in the song. Needless to say 95% of Drakes weren't too happy, although I believe a fair number had a good snigger first before going with the mob rule. Me and my mates left soon after, and by the end of the night I had gotten a smack in the face from one of them and practically strangled by another for being a knob. That was the first time I'd drank vodka in ages, and was what made me realise that vodka makes me act like a knob.

I still think it was deserved though. If they wanted an "EP launch" they should have gotten themselves a gig like anyone else would, because up until then most of the people who went up had been interesting, to say the least.

The only time i've ever heckled...well i actually i wasn't heckling. Me and some friends were sitting at the back of the Lemon Tree and Echomind (who were decent on the whole) were playing a song which to me sounded like a pish rip off "There There". So i leant over to a friend and said "This song is shit" yelling a bit so he could hear me. But just as i said "shit" the song stopped and so it was heard quite loudly by people at a nearby table which included the girlfriend of a member of Echomind. At the end of their set she came over and basically said i wasn't allowed to think it was shit because they were really really trying their bestest. I'm sure even Nickelbaack try their best.

The only time i've ever heckled...well i actually i wasn't heckling. Me and some friends were sitting at the back of the Lemon Tree and Echomind (who were decent on the whole) were playing a song which to me sounded like a pish rip off "There There". So i leant over to a friend and said "This song is shit" yelling a bit so he could hear me. But just as i said "shit" the song stopped and so it was heard quite loudly by people at a nearby table which included the girlfriend of a member of Echomind. At the end of their set she came over and basically said i wasn't allowed to think it was shit because they were really really trying their bestest. I'm sure even Nickelback try their best.

That happens to me all the time, but I do it semi- on purpose in the hope that someone near me is related to the band in some way. It's got to be done, because crowds are too polite. If a band are absoltue shite, you owe it to them to let them know, otherwise they're going to fool themselves into thinking they're great.

I try my best not to say anything nasty to people I don't know. I usually only do it to my friends in certain situations (i.e. Maxi at Fudge Awards/looking like a member of Coldplay). I very vaguely remember heckling Jamesy the other night when he was picking up the Person You'd Most Like To Fight award but it was only in jest. I think anything goes for people picking up that award.

My all-time favourite heckle was at Eric Euan i think... "You all look remarkably healthy!" Nothing nasty about that, just fun.

And I've still to hear Biz yell something that was actually funny.

i remember that

Old man - "whats green and smells like fish?"

That would be the one they call Biz...

In his defence he did come out with a bit of a gem not too long ago. Can't remember who it was' date=' Chris TT maybe, somebody acoustic anyway. He was having trouble tuning up, and spent a minute or two twanging away, so apologised for it.

"S'aright" says Biz,

"I'm stoned as a cunt, and I'm fuckin [i']lovin' it...

Guest neil ex

Maxwell and I were talking on Saturday about starting a heckling group in Aberdeen.. I'm getting better, I'm just a bit quiet, that's my problem..

Project: Ven-Hell deserve to be heckled where ever they play..