aberdeen-music

The return of Element 106.....

Hog

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was a good gig, WTW played half a chance so i was happy :D I told craig that i would only come if they would play it and they were maybe going to leave it out but they didnt, huzzah!

I had to leave towards the end of element 106 (or is it 182? :p ) set but they were sounding good

typical of Hog to cause techinical problems though :p

Guest Scorge Spike

Pretty good return - bit rusty, but such things are an inevitability. As are two broken strings, eh Hog?....:D

NB: Chris - absolute drumming legend, (despite the Zildjian tee ;)). Have an insane drummer smilie as a gesture of appreciation -> -> -> music-smiley-009.gif

Guest DustyDeviada

Well I thought the gig went well, everybody seemed to be on top form and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

The sound seemed to be pretty good too (for the Malt Mill) and special thanks must go to the guy with the goatee who appointed himself soundman for the night - good work fella.

The much anticipated standoff between Element and Stayover was probably honours even in my opinion - so your scene points can stay as they are ;)

I thought it was a good night. First time in the Malt Mill and I really liked it. Good to see a healthy crowd even if it did get rather empty near the end, crying shame that was. Good gig to get back into the swing of things after a year and bit.

The goatee sound guys help was greatly apprciated since you can't really tell what it sounds like, unless you go wander about infront of the stage.

Element 106 drummer did well with only the one tom and damn that double bass was thumping. Award for coolest car also goes to Bostaph for the neon blue dials...pimping. Hog seems to be a bit of a string snapping machine!

First time hearing Deviadas I really like their bluesy sound. Introduction to the last song was a real winner for me. Stayover were really tight and Milners madona esque mic...inspired!

Thanks for letting us play, t'was good!

i had a lot of fun last night some good quality banter between us and element and it was good to see the whole bob and hog thing turn out the way it did. People are far less cunts in real life.

i enjoyed the bands as well a nice diverse line up for a change, also a good crowd for the most of the night. the sound guy was my mate who just came down to watch for the night ill pass on my thanks to him.

On a side note it was nice to put a face to the internet persona danny doubt maybe next time youll be a bit more chatty........lol

Good to meet the Stayover guys, not my thing musically but actually quite enjoyed them :rockon:

Good night, lots of fun, how I broke strings on both guitars was beyond me. Dusty said I should try getting bigger strings but I was already using almost baritone gauges on the red guitar! Metal!

I thought it was a good night. First time in the Malt Mill and I really liked it. Good to see a healthy crowd even if it did get rather empty near the end' date=' crying shame that was. Good gig to get back into the swing of things after a year and bit.

The goatee sound guys help was greatly apprciated since you can't really tell what it sounds like, unless you go wander about infront of the stage.

Element 106 drummer did well with only the one tom and damn that double bass was thumping. Award for coolest car also goes to Bostaph for the neon blue dials...pimping. Hog seems to be a bit of a string snapping machine!

First time hearing Deviadas I really like their bluesy sound. Introduction to the last song was a real winner for me. Stayover were really tight and Milners madona esque mic...inspired!

Thanks for letting us play, t'was good![/quote']

Aw chhers man, your a legend!! I must admit, it was kinda fun using one tom, a concept i have not been used to for some years, and i kinda missed a few fills where the gap in the drumkit was, but never the less i had a damn good time!

Cheers to all the other bands - i know i'm about a week late, but hey just back on the net.

And a big up to all the other drummers in aberdeen for sharing equipment in a peers moment of need! :cheers:

Yay the blue dials dont half burn your eyes after a while though, jesus!