aberdeen-music

this is a long shot...

Metarie

Im doing that course too!

I am as stumped as you are! Did you collect the essay paper from the office?

Wait a sec....doh! Its you! I REALLY should check these things before I post!!

I havent started it yet but I plan to tonight' date=' I think its basically like what we did in the first week of tutorials![/quote']

Ya, tis Kate :)

Essay paper? like the cover sheet? My tutor said we didn't have to do it as an essay which is good but he wants it about 2-3 pages long. I'm totally screwed :(

just out of curiosity... not having a go but just wondered what job you would get at the end of that course.

Always see wierd course and wonder what the folk will do at the end of them - apart from become a lecturer.

Like i said - genuinely interested as to what you could do with it! :)

beeker.e

yes' date=' thanks guys. I really need another person rubbishing my chosen degree :down:

It's only a 6 week course for English, only reason I chose it was to make up my marks so i can do honors if I want to.

So far uni had been a waste of time and money. Haven't enjoyed the experience at all. Meh.[/quote']

i totally hated uni until i found the course which i haven fallen madly in love with..

it's never to late to admit defeat and start again, you'll be better off being happier at somethin u enjoy..

i took 3 attempts to get there, and it sure as hell is worth it :love:

so its an elective then?

If you mean did i choose to take it (yes, university education has been so useful to me) then sadly yes. It was either that or spend the whole term retaking a subject and I couldn't be fucked with that. only2 weeks left though, thank god.

As for jobs, I dunno what I'm going to do, but I don't think a degree would make a difference. I fancy doing some kind of writing, kids books maybe? I know that sounds like a cliche. I don't think that an Arts degree helps anyone get a job, it's more about your interest in the subject. unfortunatly my course coordinators seem to have put all the interesting stuff into the first year.

i totally hated uni until i found the course which i haven fallen madly in love with..

it's never to late to admit defeat and start again' date=' you'll be better off being happier at somethin u enjoy..

i took 3 attempts to get there, and it sure as hell is worth it :love:[/quote']

whatcha taking Penny? I'm doing Anthropology and English. Kinda fancied doing Women's studies for a while but was scared I'd end up some raging feminist or be laughed at when i said that was my degree :)

There is an essay due in at the end of the 6 week course and the titles are out now' date=' they are meant to be in the English office, want me to grab you one tomorrow after first lecture?[/quote']

I *should* be in for that, providing the drinking doesn't go on for too long tonight. Tis ok, I'll pick up on at some point, but thanks ^_^

Beeker.

People like you REALLY fuck me off. I do my degree because I am passionate about it. I have managed to study at a university across the other side of the world because of it, have learnt a language fluently, have research, analytical and all other kinds of presentation and communication skills, eg TRANSFERABLE SKILLS. Just because it might involve studying literature, or history, fuckwits like you who are sluts for the job market criticise. I dont want to be stuck on a career path doing a fucking boring vocational degree course so i can get crammed into some graduate scheme which exists purely so the fuckers can pay stupid students way less for jobs they should pay higher wages to already partly trained people for. But apparently a free laptop makes up for that.... I want to do some fucking learning about some interesting things, for ME. I have about a trillion things i could do, as a lot of employers value your experience and transferable skills, even if from a non vocational degree. EG if you are not a law student, you can still get into law (infact companies make sure they have an intake of non law students). You can do journalism, communications, work for NGOS, get into foreign office fast track, become a government advisor, write novels, write articles, THE LIST IS FUCKING ENDLESS

sorry to rant, but if one more ignorant bastard asks in a really fucking patronising way "oh...so what can you do with THAT?!!, scream back "anything i fucking want." You are not limited by your degree, it is a an amazing advantage in more career areas than little computing studies pig shits can imagine....

haha.

sorry, it just came out in a sort of evil rush.

but i am really sick of people saying things like that

and introducing it in that fucking irritating "no offense like min, just curious like....i cant see what else they could do, enligten me"

consider yourself enlightened.

whatcha taking Penny? I'm doing Anthropology and English. Kinda fancied doing Women's studies for a while but was scared I'd end up some raging feminist or be laughed at when i said that was my degree :)

I'm doing Gender and Writing this term and the course is full of chicks. It's totally fucking awesome. If an alien hit the Earth with a ray that made everybody want to fuck, it would be great but I'd have to impose a no fatties rule.