aberdeen-music

Cutting your own vinyl....

threeornothing

Wow! Would have killed for technology like this 10 years ago....although I dread to think what this would have cost then!

VRX2000.jpg

Vestax VRX2000 - Vinyl-R :)

Cool or what? It cuts discs in real time from a live source (dat/tape/cd/md deck, mixing desk, whatever). Blank discs are about 10 a shot, the stylus will cut about 20 hours of music until it needs replaed, which is about 250 a shot. The unit itself 8o is a cool 6000.....

Will stick with CDR I think....

Guest Zeenat Aman
could be a good investment for a shop' date=' to charge maybe 20-30 a pop for someone to record their own vinyl from a CD or something. would pay for itself before too long i'm sure.[/quote']

Indeed... mmmm it would be soo good to know how to use it properly, imagine it, you're very own vinyl release!!!

:love:

<lusts> How much does it cost to have someone do you vinyl for you...I hear the main place to have it done is like eastern europe or something?

For one-off's expect something like this:

12 inch / 10 inch plates

- 2mm thick, black PVC

- 7:30 minutes per side on 12 inch plates (recommended)

- 5:30 minutes per side on 10 inch plates (recommended)

- 45rpm / 33 rpm

- varying pitch (grooves per cm) depending on track length

12 inch PLATE

(recommended time per side 7 min 30 sec)

1 side 25

2 sides 35

10 inch PLATE

(recommended time per side 5 min 30 sec)

1 side 15

2 sides 25

Engineering

1 side 15

2 sides 25

Filthpact/Afterbirth got our vinyl done somewhere in London.

330 7"s for something like 550. that was on heavy vinyl (anyone who has seen the record KNOWS it is one HEAVY fucking vinyl)

And that was a ripp off.

Get a pressing of 500 done for something liek 250-300 in Czech Republic.

Only problem is getting the records through to the UK without having to pay tax on them.

So yeah, though that machine is fuckign amazing looking, its FAR too expensive (10 for a blank disc??) to even consider using for your own releases.

330 7"s for something like 550. that was on heavy vinyl (anyone who has seen the record KNOWS it is one HEAVY fucking vinyl)

It certainly is heavy - almost everyone I've shown that too has remarked "Gee willerkins and struth mate that's a heavy vinyl ya got there!" or words to that effect.

It's a wonderous machine but perhaps, as others said, not that practical for home use.