PINEY GIR returns!!! - WED 2ND MARCH

Dizzy Storm

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Zeenat Aman
a perverted connection you say...?! oops..! 8o

ah well' date=' what with me being so innocent and naive i didnt realise what i was writing....!

sharon :O

you care to elaborate?![/quote']

DP - Double Penetration!!!

:D

Wow, so that was a great gig. I arrived before 9.30 in time for first band and it was over just an hour later...I guess it was quality not quantity though.

First time I'd seen Motormark and I was amazed. I think I'm love with the female singer. I loved her voice...reminded me of Kristin Hersh a bit. And those sunglasses always do it for me. Really impressed with all the songs they played...I heard that they usually sound a lot noisier?

Piney Gir was really cool too. I didnt know what to expect but it was rather lovely. Anyone know if shes got any vinyl out? I went to look for her or anyone who looked like they might know at the end but failed.

A strange venue. But very nice. My only complaint is I couldnt find my way out. I thought the exit was just a fire exit and walked into the girls toilets instead! oops

Guest stuartmaxwell

i didnt go on tuesday.

see this is what i hate about glasgow. i get home (late from work) after an hour or so driving and i cant be arsed going to gigs. hence i missed pg and alun.

i did manage to scrape myself to hey enemy and wall street ammunition hero last night, great it was too :)

i didnt go on tuesday.

see this is what i hate about glasgow. i get home (late from work) after an hour or so driving and i cant be arsed going to gigs. hence i missed pg and alun.

i did manage to scrape myself to hey enemy and wall street ammunition hero last night' date=' great it was too :)[/quote']

It's cool, was a fun gig - Oli and Steve have now got matching outfits (bowler hats, suits and umbrellas. The only thing missing was a newspaper tucked under the arm). The other bands were fun, the London punky ones were far too young, Aphrodisiacs confused all of us by sounding like a totally different band and Kobai sounded great from the first 15 minutes I heard.

First time I'd seen Motormark and I was amazed. I think I'm love with the female singer. I loved her voice...reminded me of Kristin Hersh a bit. And those sunglasses always do it for me. Really impressed with all the songs they played...I heard that they usually sound a lot noisier?

Yep, that was a totally unique little one-off set for Aberdeen! Normally they more than earn their place on Digital Hardcore Records ;)

Piney Gir was really cool too. I didnt know what to expect but it was rather lovely. Anyone know if shes got any vinyl out? I went to look for her or anyone who looked like they might know at the end but failed

No vinyl I'm afraid but her debut CD "Peakahokahoo" is available on Truck Records. A new EP with her Country Roadshow band is due out soon too and she's currently recording a new album to boot. As is usual for Piney, she forgot to bring her merchandise on the night. Her other band The Schlalalas have also secured a record deal so expect something from them in the not to distant future. A sassy, talented and very busy lady.

Weren't Motormark amazing last night too.

Motormark

I loved there set last night! Heard them many a time and I just love when bands have the belief to do something different. Goes to show that good songs stand up in any form!

Even though I was running back and fore helping Rob sort the sound, which for the record was a nightmare to do, new venue new soundsytem, I loved the night and thought both acts were very special!

On behalf of Drakes Productions, which was an extended family last night, Many thanks to everyone that came along. Hope you all had a good night!

Jim :cheers:

I enjoyed both bands but there was something missing that make me run out and buy their music. Piney would have been better with her band. Good turn out though.

If you haven't seen Motormark do their normal set, check them out sometime - It's a totally different show and may well be the thing that grabs you and makes you want to buy those albums :)

I loved there set last night! Heard them many a time and I just love when bands have the belief to do something different. Goes to show that good songs stand up in any form!

Even though I was running back and fore helping Rob sort the sound' date=' which for the record was a nightmare to do, new venue new soundsytem, I loved the night and thought both acts were very special!

On behalf of Drakes Productions, which was an extended family last night, Many thanks to everyone that came along. Hope you all had a good night!

Jim :cheers:[/quote']

It was a nightmare indeed. None of the backing tracks for Piney are recorded at the same levels it seems, and the different patches on the synth are worse!! But, we got there in the end. Great bands though, liked Piney a lot, says a lot for their professionalism to pull off quality performances in a new venue with lots of unknowns. The first gig is always the worst one to pull off, so hopefully future Drakes Team productions will be seamless and relaxed for everyone involved. Great to see such a decent turnout on the first night, lets hope it keeps that way for future nights!

yeah thanks to everyone who came along, a lot of new faces which was good....

and everyone was very complimentary about the venue....but expect a very different feel to our next show there!

i just wanted to say a big thanks to Alun, Jackie & Gary for their enthusiasm and effort in getting Piney up here again (yes they literally went to glasgow and abducted her!), for their generous hospitality and accommodation, and just for being very nice people! :kiss::cheers:

shaz