aberdeen-music

The Tunnels - Wed 2 Feb - Vocoustics Presents

Vocoustics presents:

Steve Crawford - folky-jazzy acousticness

Amber - beautiful songs' date=' beautiful voice, beautiful girl

[b']Alan Cynic - great anti-folk

THE TUNNELS (Carnegies Brae, next to the Vaults)

Wednesday 2nd February

Free Entry

Music from 9pm(ish)

Come and support the new venue.

www.vocoustics.com

Great line up........ but should Alan not be top of the bill. He was in sparkling form

on Tuesday night, even with a borrowed acoustic guitar.

That's very kind of you to say so, Chilli, but I was a late addition to the bill, so Andy's correct putting me on first. Plus Steve and Amber are better than me anyway, with lots more live experience.

It'll be fun playing the Tunnels.....I'm looking forward to it.

(although I should be described as "Great-Auntie Folk", as I'm too mild to be "anti-folk". I will give you a bosie and a nice cup of tea, and a Broons or Oor Wullie annual at Christmas.) :up:

Great line up........ but should Alan not be top of the bill. He was in sparkling form

on Tuesday night' date=' even with a borrowed acoustic guitar.[/quote']

Cheers,

but why do you think the order on the post is the order of the night??

I aint really decided whois playing when yet...

I could put Alan top if he plays the song he played with the keyboard on his knees at the Sawer sisters gig in Dec, thats worth the entrance fee alone!

I'm definitely taking the old Casio along, plus one or two other little instruments. I think the venue should be a good one for quietish music. Haven't sen Amber do a full set before, but I always enjoy Steve's gigs. The covers he does are usually songs I really like (Richard Thompson,etc), and his own songs are of the same quality.

My only regret is I'm still off the booze, since 4th Jan :cheers:

I'm definitely taking the old Casio along' date=' plus one or two other little instruments. I think the venue should be a good one for quietish music. Haven't sen Amber do a full set before, but I always enjoy Steve's gigs. The covers he does are usually songs I really like (Richard Thompson,etc), and his own songs are of the same quality.

My only regret is I'm still off the booze, since 4th Jan :cheers:[/quote']

yesssssss, does that mean the casio behind the head will work this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Chris's stuff, too!

I'm trying to figure out a novel slant to my Casio tactics...playing with my feet wasn't a success. The Hendrix shenanigans went fine until the lead popped out. I'm tempted to destroy it on stage a la Pete Townsend, but that would be cruel. I MIGHT do a Casio/psaltery duet. :rockon:

ps..Andy..what time would you like me there?