aberdeen-music

battle of the bands

Guest *alex*

Guest stuartmaxwell

fuck off machete are signed to lost dog. el hombre trajaedo are also on that label. el hombre trajaedo are better than them.

stuart should lighten up, he really acts like the big shot. no one cares.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stuartmaxwell
i totaly see your point but FUCK OFF MACHETE are signed and have a global distrubution

contract.QUOTE]

aye but its hardly a "signed" type deal

most bands have a global distribution *as such*, if they distribute cds/vynil abroad it can be called global distribution

que stuart and his usual novel about anything to do with the "industry" :D

i totaly see your point but FUCK OFF MACHETE are signed and have a global distrubution

contract.QUOTE]

aye but its hardly a "signed" type deal

most bands have a global distribution *as such*' date=' if they distribute cds/vynil abroad it can be called global distribution

que stuart and his usual novel about anything to do with the "industry" :D[/quote']

Wisen Stuart Maxwell, ya willy. Dont you realise that what your saying is agreeing with Jester.

:rockon:

• 1 month later...

After reading this whole thread, I couldnt resist registerin,openin it up again(sorry to those that have lost interest) and let you all know what i think

I can say that those 2 half naked neds were not with us (yeah i was with drunk fux if ur wonderin who "us" is-not in the band,but good mates with them),in actual fact they were thrown out and chased by about 4 of my mates outside ! !

Another point I have to make is that only about 25 of that crowd on the floor were with us,the others felt the need to come and join in the awesome time we were clearly havin listenin to an great band

To the guy who was wondein if it was original material(i forget the name and im too damn lazy to go check),it is all their own stuff ! !

I do admit that i aint too impressed with the name drunk fux,although it is pretty cool and as this thread has proven-it catches ur attention.However,i do feel that they wont keep it for too long,mostly because of all the negative assholes like the ones here who are more worried about the name than the musical content ! !

For anyone that missed the gig,they are on at cafe drummonds in the next round on the 21st of march and are up against The 1,2,3 and 4's and they will have the chance to again impress with their set,which i can say will be alot betterthan the last as they have put 110% work into making this gig alot better than the last ! !

Hope to see u all there,i know for a fact i will be

Do you really think that the number of mates brought doesn't count ? Are you that naieve' date=' these competitions make their money through the door, so the more people a band takes with them the better it is for the venue to vote that band through to the next round because it meant they'll take more people through with them, more ticket money, which equals more money for the venue.t[/quote']

Band I'm in took along a massive crowd of FOUR PEOPLE...and we won last night!!

Its not how many people you take along, its all about falling on your arse, spilling your pint, breaking your strings, throwing up on stage and having a laugh! Worked for us anyway ;)

• 2 weeks later...

aghhh

were folk watching the same band? ok they were like iron maiden meets ac/dc meets ( face it ) zepplin, but that just all makes them the finer band. they finished on the best zepplin cover i've seen by folk their age and; "rock and roll" what a tune. Drunk fux, though they'll probabaly change their name, are f******************g awsome and should have easily won the night... if the judges weren't looking for a few quick bucks through "THE GRANDE PRIZE" of a single which they (drummonds) produce then sell to the commercial slaves in pop world - we know who you are-. don't disrespect a very talented band just because they don't play like our beloved biffy, i like biffy but even they know when a band with mad finger skills is rocking the place. like them, grow to love them then get ready to chant their name( when it's decided) from the highest pillar you can find. jeff is the best though.