aberdeen-music

Beach Ballroom

offramp

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye mansun headlined with the now sadly gone Cecil supporting. The charlatans also played there before that with mansun supporting' date=' so thats twice they played there.[/quote']

Cecil were quite possibly my most sadly missed of all the bands that have gone -

Definitely had one of the best lines ever written as well -

"Gained a journey on a bouncer's fist - His danger made me laugh and his penis made me cringe"

They rocked like a mutha on the first album as well. Remember the picture on the inside set in a local boozer, with Ste shaking a pensioner's hand whilst wearing pat butcher earrings! Almost as good as the Bullyrag cover......................

Ahh, Cedric. What a band..................

Great gig venue, but nae as good as it was when the ALL - STAR WRESTLING was there! I saw the greatest wrestlers ever to grace the "squared circle!" -

Big Daddy

Giant Haystacks

Kendo Nagasaki

Pat "Bomber" Roach

Klondlyke Kate

Dave "Fit" Finlay

Doom and Gloom (The tag team that gave the inspiration for the Undertaker character)

This native American dude who was at least 60 years oild and 6 stone overweight, who had an amazingly bad "finisher" called the "tomahawk chop!" It was truly dreadful, and would hardly be worthy of a mention nowadays!

Classic stuff! You had to queue then pay 3 for Big Daddy's autograph and the chance to sit on his knee!

The Ballroom is a class venue! What other venues can claim to have had McCartney and Big Daddy stand on their hallowed floorboards! The floorboards in the Beach Ballroom are springy, incidently - Good for a bounce when a band's on!

I dont remember that.....

I remember when the wrestling was at the Music Hall every week.

Oh yes! It was amazing! I've still got my programme! It's 2 bits of photocopied A4 stapled together!

Big Daddie's bro was master of Ceremonies! I'm sure it was on ITV a couple of Saturdays after they were here! I rememeber watching it with my Dad!

The Music Hall wresting was amateur wrestling if I remember rightly - Never went but it was probably ace!

This native American dude who was at least 60 years oild and 6 stone overweight' date=' who had an amazingly bad "finisher" called the "tomahawk chop!" It was truly dreadful, and would hardly be worthy of a mention nowadays!

[/quote']

That sounds like Tatanka, who was in WWF in the early 90s - though he wasn't 60, nor overweight... so it was probably a Tatanka rip off - he was a native American and did the piss poor Tomahawk chop, had a red mohican and wrestled in a loincloth.

He also went undefeated for his first two years, before getting his ass kicked by someone really shit like Virgil or the Million Dollar Man and then just disappearing from the company.

He's now wrestling in school gymnasiums and stuff.

Anyway, if you ever need any more pointless wrestling trivia I can usually deliver.

That sounds like Tatanka' date=' who was in WWF in the early 90s - though he wasn't 60, nor overweight... so it was probably a Tatanka rip off - he was a native American and did the piss poor Tomahawk chop, had a red mohican and wrestled in a loincloth.

He also went undefeated for his first two years, before getting his ass kicked by someone really shit like Virgil or the Million Dollar Man and then just disappearing from the company.

He's now wrestling in school gymnasiums and stuff.

Anyway, if you ever need any more pointless wrestling trivia I can usually deliver.[/quote']

To be fair it sounds more like the guy was around long before Tatanka became a well-known WWF superstar so it'd be pretty hard to rip him off...

Ludvig Borga (a favourite of Cloud's for some reason...) was the man who first defeated Tatanka and ended his undefeated streak and he didn't disappear after that at all - he earned a world title match against Yokozuna at Madison Square Gardens and seemed on course to win before Mr.Fuji interfered. He also had that great storyline where he 'sold out' and proved that everybody has their price as he joined the Million Dollar Corporation and became another henchman of Ted Dibiase before leaving the company.

How can you say Million Dollar Man was shit? Shame be upon you.

To be fair it sounds more like the guy was around long before Tatanka became a well-known WWF superstar so it'd be pretty hard to rip him off...

Ludvig Borga (a favourite of Cloud's for some reason...) was the man who first defeated Tatanka and ended his undefeated streak and he didn't disappear after that at all - he earned a world title match against Yokozuna at Madison Square Gardens and seemed on course to win before Mr.Fuji interfered. He also had that great storyline where he 'sold out' and proved that everybody has their price as he joined the Million Dollar Corporation and became another henchman of Ted Dibiase before leaving the company.

How can you say Million Dollar Man was shit? Shame be upon you.

Because... the million dollar man was shit! There was no good wrestlers in the mid 90s with the exception of Shawn Michaels, and on a lesser scale, Davey Boy Smith and The Undertaker. It was all about stupid characters and less about actual physical ability, when did you ever see DiBiase do anything remotely impressive? And don't even get me started on the Ultimate fucking Warrior....