aberdeen-music

I just had an arguement with the woman in the post office about freedom of speech...

Afro Droid

Guest tv tanned
I hope you have a good holiday time too. I never said you were "wrong"' date=' did I? I questioned why you seemed to suggest my opinion on Jonny's vocal talent was somehow less because of which band I play in. Why bother deleting it? It doesn't erase it from history or anything, so what's the point?

Merry Yaksmas.[/quote']

And I accept that it was a throwaway remark that did not need to be made.

It may not erase them from history but that's only cos you quoted them ;)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying to figure something out the other day (which is slightly relevant to why i was pretty nearly deported from America a couple of years ago)

If I was 16' date=' and married to my 16 year old wife, and we went to America and stayed in a state with a sexual consent age of 18, would it be illegal for me to fornicate with her?

I say this because i had a bit of a thing about a 17 year old French chick. It'd have been legal in my country and hers, but where I was the age of consent was 18.

But don't worry shock-merchants - I did not have my evil way with a 17 year old French lass, I just sold alcohol to a bunch of 16 year old kids.

Craig

I'll tell you all about "Schoolgirl Night" another time. Although my mate (age 23) did score a 15 year old and my other mate's bird in one night a few weeks ago.[/quote']

Jeez...how fucking rock'n'roll are you......?

Nearly being deported from USA.....!!

Thinking about shagging a 17year old french" bird"

Selling drink to minors

And having a mate who "scored" a child and friends "bird"

We are all sooooooooo impressed!!

Do you think so' date=' it's worth a try.

THAT GIG AT THE BERLIN WALL WAS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF SHIT I'VE HEARD BY A SUPPOSED PROFESSIONAL SINGER.[/quote']

Well you're entitled to you're opinion but my mate Graeme (who's computer im using) tells me you are deaf and wouldnt know a good singer if you found one in yer soup....yi bastard..

And how dare you claim that Jonny Lucifer boy is better than me, he sent me his demo and he's shite!!

Chris

I just dont see the point of all the extra effort really

because sticking rude headlines on packages is wacky and zany and thats what rock and roll is all about! The recipient is guaranteed not to sigh heavily and think "fuck sake, not another bland demo from some cunts who think they are wacky and zany but probably haven't left school yet and can't play for shit."

Anyway, a question to everyone else, what is wrong with a plain old jiffy bag containing a CD-R which has your contact details written on it in marker pen? Why try corny attention grabbing tricks which will create preconceptions and expectations before the CD is even played, when you can send a generic non-descript package which simply allows the music to do all the talking and probably carries an air of understated professionalism that would earn you more kudos than if you sent some tatty sticker festooned package that reeks of schoolboy humour?

Well you're entitled to you're opinion but my mate Graeme (who's computer im using) tells me you are deaf and wouldnt know a good singer if you found one in yer soup....yi bastard..

And how dare you claim that Jonny Lucifer boy is better than me' date=' he sent me his demo and he's shite!!

Chris[/quote']

You probably nevereven opened it because it was covered with smutty newspaper cuttings.

because sticking rude headlines on packages is wacky and zany and thats what rock and roll is all about! The recipient is guaranteed not to sigh heavily and think "fuck sake' date=' not another bland demo from some cunts who think they are wacky and zany but probably haven't left school yet and can't play for shit."

Anyway, a question to everyone else, what is wrong with a plain old jiffy bag containing a CD-R which has your contact details written on it in marker pen? Why try corny attention grabbing tricks which will create preconceptions and expectations before the CD is even played, when you can send a generic non-descript package which simply allows the music to do all the talking and probably carries an air of understated professionalism that would earn you more kudos than if you sent some tatty sticker festooned package that reeks of schoolboy humour?[/quote']

you've obviously never read metal sludge, one of the places the lucifer boys have targetted. anyway, i don't see why people can't just let them send their demo off the way they want to. the whole point of this thread was about the woman in the post office giving him shit for what was on the envelopes, not whether or not they were right to target people with decorated envelopes.

Well, you never diappoint, you lot, I'll say that for you! I'm just waiting for one of "the comrades" to call RL a sell out capitalist pig and I'll be happy...all is well with the world...the sun will rise....all is still and quiet.....and the small minded, green eyed, insular bitchiness of the aberdeen scene shines forth like a beacon to mendacity and narrow horizons...merry xmas everybody.

you've obviously never read metal sludge' date=' one of the places the lucifer boys have targetted. anyway, i don't see why people can't just let them send their demo off the way they want to. the whole point of this thread was about the woman in the post office giving him shit for what was on the envelopes, not whether or not they were right to target people with decorated envelopes.[/quote']

By page 3 i had totally forgotten about spar post office woman...

Well' date=' you never diappoint, you lot, I'll say that for you! I'm just waiting for one of "the comrades" to call RL a sell out capitalist pig and I'll be happy...all is well with the world...the sun will rise....all is still and quiet.....and the small minded, green eyed, insular bitchiness of the aberdeen scene shines forth like a beacon to mendacity and narrow horizons...merry xmas everybody.[/quote']

You'd think I'd have learned by now what happens when you ask people for opinions....

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Is that right about filling out a form when you want to send something to the U.S.? I sent a Spike CD to the States a few weeks ago (upcoming comp. appearance!) and there was no mention of form-filling, just paid the 80-odd pence. Is this a recent development, or are Spar just funny that way?

Guest Main Agent
Is that right about filling out a form when you want to send something to the U.S.? I sent a Spike CD to the States a few weeks ago (upcoming comp. appearance!) and there was no mention of form-filling' date=' just paid the 80-odd pence. Is this a recent development, or are [b']Spar just funny that way?

Spar, funny? hmmm....?