aberdeen-music

Flats for rent?

Metarie

you'll struggle for one bedroom at under 300. You'd be better off sharing if you're on a budget.

Yeah, I'm sharing at the moment, but sadly it's just not worked out as well as we all thought. Unless I can find the right person/people I think it'll have to one bedroom.

Getting a morgage at 19 sounds scary though, it'll mean I'm grown up :(

Yeah' date=' I'm sharing at the moment, but sadly it's just not worked out as well as we all thought. Unless I can find the right person/people I think it'll have to one bedroom.

Getting a morgage at 19 sounds scary though, it'll mean I'm grown up :([/quote']

Also means you're on the property ladder at a young age though, which could most certainly be an advantage...

Mortgages are handy things' date=' yes. I recommend attempting to obtain one.[/quote']

I'd beg to differ...I looked into mortgaging my flat..it was going to raise the montly cost up from 198 to 250, for 25 years.....thats 75,000 for a shitty flat (worth 10k if anything), which no one would ever want to buy off me......plus additional maintenance costs involved etc......

The money I am saving per month (52)...I have learned a way I can use this money which could potentially (if my maths are right) turn that money into 193,440 after 25 years......its a bit of a no brainer which I would rather do ;)

My flatmate has applied for a council flat (yeah, that's how much we all enjoy living here :rolleyes: ) but I don't think it's for me really. If I'm going to live alone I wanna live somewhere I'm going to feel safe walking the streets (guess I should move cities then, hmm?) and near my boyfriend :)

Anyways, I've found the flat I want, going to view it with my mum tomorrow and see how it goes. It might be a long term commitment, but at least I can make it my own and have somewhere of my own in the future. And it means i can get a kitty :D