aberdeen-music

Why Has Powermetal Not Taken Off Here

Stormhart

I think there's a band called Mourning Star about this area who do power metal' date=' though I really didn't like the vocals on the mp3's I heard. I'd go and see them, anything to endorse the genre and other people attempting it.

I'm working on a power metal band (with aforementioned Doc and his brother), but we won't be gigging for a while yet because we want to do it properly. When finished, it will fucking slay you all...... :bat:

In the wider context, I think it's not caught on because it's unfashionable, and anything unfashionable never gets acknowledged regardless of the quality of the actual music. On top of that, it's beyond the technical ability of most bands here anyway :p.........[/quote']

Yep, soon we shall lay siege to Aberdeen with the awesome Power Metal project... name suggestions are welcomed!

And I can confim that it will fucking slay you all, since I am behind 90% of the songwriting so far ! :p hehe

And me and scorge and my brother will be heading down to Bloodstock this year Storm, but I drive so we wouldn't coach it im afraid :| Hammerfall are headlining only the Friday Night... still no news of the Sat night :p But Rhapsody, Iced Earth, In Flames, have all been asked to play! Awesome!

Hmmm, just wondering by the description of the genre what makes a band like Nightwish powermetal and a band like Magnum not ? Having never head Magnum described as that yet it falls straight into the definition giving with albums and songsd like 'On a Storytellers Night' ? I mudst admit to being a secret Magnum fan, one of the more embarassing bands I like ;) IU am just interested int he genre definition then...

Cheers

Stuart

As powermetal being cheesy it has different styles of metal from bands like Nightwish all the way upto Children Of Boddom.Unlike a load of boreing genes of music who go the same beat of music yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.Another thing about powerbands they get their music through inspiration not just picking up a newpaper or watching the news like bands like Megadeth Or Metallica.Powerbands help you forget how crap this world really is and helps you forget you broke your arse all day at work or your parents are pissing you off.Rhapsody for an example their music is all about a fantasy land they wrote about.

Hmmm' date=' just wondering by the description of the genre what makes a band like Nightwish powermetal and a band like Magnum not ? Having never head Magnum described as that yet it falls straight into the definition giving with albums and songsd like 'On a Storytellers Night' ? I mudst admit to being a secret Magnum fan, one of the more embarassing bands I like ;) IU am just interested int he genre definition then...

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Magnum have some amazing albums, On A Storytellers Night is excellant as is Vigilante and Wings Of Heaven and i ain't embarresed to say it :up:

Magnum have some amazing albums' date=' On A Storytellers Night is excellant as is Vigilante and Wings Of Heaven and i ain't embarresed to say it :up: [/b']

Vigilante got me into them, songs like 'need a lot of love' and 'Vigilante' are great. Being a huge Queen fan I got into them because Roger Taylor played on and produced Vigilante, still love it now, tho strangely my favourite of theirs is the acoustic album - 'keeping the nite light burning' which is amazing.

Cheers

Stuart

What in hell are some of the people smoking on this forum and please give me some.Calling powermetal slow get a life and you must be listening to Nightwish again.Try stormwarrior lindisfarne for one bloody heavier than most of your so called metal.And would you call Children Of Boddem and Demoniac slow i wonder what are black powermetal.What i love about powermetal it has taste for any metal lover.