aberdeen-music

Modern Music = Image Based

Ross

I'd have to agree... But i do like some bands that dress very badly (the polyphonic spree' date=' robes?!) But, yeah... Bands should look cool, or at least try their best.[/quote']

At least it's a look , they look like a band (albeit an LSD-fuelled Gospel choir). The Lost Prophets just look like a group of lads who've just spent all their christmas Topman vouchers in one go.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who gives a flying fuck? I mean, really. Who the fuck really cares one single iota?? just wear what you want. Pretend you've been alive for a few more years, you know, at the age when you do your own thing and disregard peer pressure and don't give a shit what anybody thinks. You'll be much happier.

i don't think so' date=' i wouldn't say i draw inspiration from any particular field, [b']i don't set out to wear what other people do or do my hair like other people. but hey, millions of people wear jeans etc but you can still be individual with it.

i bet if you saw me in wot i usually wear you couldn't pidgeon-hole me into any specific category.

My point is that you needn't "set out" to do it. And I'm not saying i could pigeon-hole you i just said you can't be completely original.

Ah...for the days of carting pictures of Pitchshifter off to the hairdresser. Personally, i think those Japanese guys who dress like fifties rockabillys with flick knives are the most awesome thing on the planet.

RayCampiJapan2.JPG

the guy on the right is simply a better person than you or I could even ever dream of being. Anyway, bands should be cool. Everybody in a band is cooler than I am, even The Shadows. Robert Smith hould just wear a flat cap or something though, he's beginning to look like Jo Brand. Seriously, I put a Cure poster up and my girlfriend was like "Have you been masturbating to pictures of Jo Brand? Does her comedy-tactics of saying things about cakes in a drony voice make you hot?" and I had to beat the shit out of my girlfriend for breaking my penis (which still doesn't work, thankyou).

Image should augment the music, I mean Marilyn Manson's image overrides the music (which is bad), but The Clash being cool looking fuckers adds to their mystique. Yeah.

PS I don't care what you wear, personally. You are not a rockstar (yet, when you are, I'll care)

RANT EXTENDED: Actually, where have all the fucking rock stars gone? Seriously, who's spreading chlamydia around LA while playing a flying V made out of bones while riding a motorbike in order to score cocaine. In an ideal world, someone would blend the DNA of Johnny Cash, Elvis, Sid Vicious and Chuck D and make him a billion feet tall and give him a guitar made out of the entire rain forest and send him in to destroy all the world's capitals.

In an ideal world' date=' someone would blend the DNA of Johnny Cash, Elvis, Sid Vicious and Chuck D and make him a billion feet tall and give him a guitar made out of the entire rain forest and send him in to destroy all the world's capitals.[/quote']

Somewhere, probably in a basement at an obscene time of the morning, someone is crafting that VERY idea into an anime film as we speak.

but guys' date=' [i']blind people like music

What do you think the dogs are for? Labradors know their shit!

charlie.JPG2539-1-1.jpg

Labby says: "Are these guys here to throw balls around or purposefully throw frisbees at my face (which is okay, cos dogs can't feel pain)? Seriously, it's like they KNOW what time it is, and it's time to rock out! The clock says so! These guys are tougher than Robocop, but not Nick Fury (who is the toughest)!"

thursday.jpg

"Oh man, Robocop the series Robocop is tougher than these guys. Why are two of them ready to go in the oven? They are so far away because they are scared of the camera (because these/shattered pictures/remind me of the time/ by the bay/ in december/ and they're on the walls/ and in my/ heartbeat/ tonight). These guys don't know what time it is. They probably use digital watches which haven't been cool since you used to get those transforming watches in the mid-to-late eighties and also watches with Donkey Kong JR in them"

image conscious = bullshit

just my opinion of course..isn't that where the idea of 'poser' came from..ie, they're just a bunch of 'poser's' and not the real thing...

it's about the music, first, last, and always.

anyway, for more fun, check out this link to a collection of seriously image conscious people :O

http://ruthlessreviews.com/top10/10blackmetal.html

b.

www.billthompson.org