aberdeen-music

band aid 20

Stripey

There's something perverse about multi-millionaire rock stars trying to get working class people on a minimum wage to contribute to charity...

I caught the video when they played it on every channel on TV the other night. It was disturbing to see all these pampered, over paid egos trying to pretend they gave a shit.

They could have just reunited the original line up now, and have made a better job of it... I admite Im a fan of a few of the indivuduals who took pat, and have a lot of time for them as individuals... But here, it sound like they all had a hangover, were forced out of bed, thrown a microphone and some music, and told to play/sing it in one take. Its a very very poor rendition... Doesn't compare to the original.

Ive changed my mind, Ill be making a donation to charity directly... because I don't want to promote this single by buying it! But I can see this being one of those Number 1's that tops 'The No. 1 Hits That You Didn't Want To Top The Charts!'

Guest tv tanned

I would have considered it a far more caring gesture if they each donated 10% of the royalties from each of their records to charity.

This is just a way to make people who have less disposable income feel guilty.

Guest tv tanned
thats if they earn anything from their royalties. unless they are the writers and make the royalties off publishing.

Well, whatever, those who don;t wirte the songs are still rolling in it. 10% of their earnings would be chicken feed to them but would probably go a long way to addressing the suffering in the 3rd world.

But no, it's the job of single mothers and minimum wage workers to buy this single to make the difference.

What a crock.

Of course because the whole general public of this country is made up of poor people being exploited by the big bad record company boogie men.

Everyone has the choice whether they buy the single or not, if they are so poor that they can not afford ot spend the money on buying band aid then they shouldn't buy it, if they do, then it's their fault. There is plenty of people who can afford, and a lot that earn more than any of the artists involved.

Guest tv tanned
Of course because the whole general public of this country is made up of poor people being exploited by the big bad record company boogie men.

not the whole, no.

Must you be so absolutist?

Guest tv tanned

that it is either everyone or no-one who is poor.

I never saiud everyone is poor, but the vast majority of people who will be buying this single are those who do not have the disposable income, they will be the ones who are targetted, it is just the laws of marketting.

Regardless of it making me cringe (especially that fucking Dizzie Rascal part and Bono's line, which he has completely annihilated), the purpose of the single is what really matters.

that it is either everyone or no-one who is poor.

I never saiud everyone is poor' date=' but the vast majority of people who will be buying this single are those who do not have the disposable income, they will be the ones who are targetted, it is just the laws of marketting.[/quote']

actually the purpose of marketing is to target people WITH disposable income.

anyway i still like the song, apart from bono's line and joss stone's little bit at the end, dizzee rascals rap and jonny greenwood's guitar bit at the end are great

Guest Jake Wifebeater
There's something perverse about multi-millionaire rock stars trying to get working class people on a minimum wage to contribute to charity...

Absolutely game, set and match. That is it in a nutshell, bang on.

Anyone who has the spare time and effort to complain about any song helping 5 1/2 million starving african children, Has issues.

Theyve got a decent bunch of guys to re-record the origonal, which wasn't even that great anyway.

Rappings not to my tastes, but it needs to be "mass appealing", which most of u probably hate.

Guest allsystemsfail
Anyone who has the spare time and effort to complain about any song helping 5 1/2 million starving african children' date=' Has issues.

[/quote']

While the raising of funds is to be commended, charity projects such as this do not address the real issue - that is why so many people are poor and without food. They do not consider the actions of transnational corporations, the legacy of colonialism...

Guest Bob Double Jack

i heard it again yesterday and it gets worse. dire, dire, dire.

Out of interest, can anyone remember the second version that was done with Kylie, Jason Donovan, Bros and Sonia. I saw it on VH1 last night and have only just regained my composure.

i heard it again yesterday and it gets worse. dire' date=' dire, dire.

Out of interest, can anyone remember the second version that was done with Kylie, Jason Donovan, Bros and Sonia. I saw it on VH1 last night and have only just regained my composure.[/quote']

i know of it but i cant remember what it sounds like. Now it was horrible