aberdeen-music

FREE event on at the castlegate yesterday.

Guest neil ex

I saw the Staccato Set and Kathryn Sawers, too. Both excellent. Let's hope it becomes a regular event (Mrs Chilli was saying that it was called 'Shift' because it was the night the clocks changed, and she was hoping it would happen twice every year, when the clocks change).

Big thumbs up, and a massive "thank you" to the organisers etc

Thanks..

And double double thanks to all that came along and made it a very special day! Kasule were simply magnificent! It was worth doing to see these guys on a big stage with a big sound system and a big projection. It was of the few points in the day where I stood back and absorbed (apart from sitting on my arse hitting my drums). Discussions will be taking place about the future of SHIFT!

Big thanks to Kathryn, Ursula Minor and their race against the clock and of course Kasule. And we can't forget Staccato Set for our ability to pull off a set without having been in the same room/city for about 3 months WOOOOHOOOO! :up:

yeah what a great day! was a shame the visuals couldnt really be seen until it was dark but never mind...when you could see them they were amazing...really impresive! and the artwork going on throughout the whole day was great...good to see so many people getting involved

all the bands were ace, all sounded really good (cheers jimmy) kasule gave me goosebumps!

we were very happy....

we just await the nod to get going on the next one!!!

shaz

I really enjoyed the art exhibit that was on display at Drakes after the Castlegate event. It was uncanny how the artist managed to pastiche Janet St Porter and Ab Fab at the same time while dancing, falling over and writing on the board requesting Thin Lizzy tunes.

I missed most of the Kasule set but the last 10 mins was rather good. Great to see the Castlegate with a mini festival buzz on an October night. Well done!

Dave

kasule had a great day ! probably our best gig to date... even if we did make a few mistakes ! Thanks to all who kicked about to watch our set and cheers to Ursula Minor for letting us get to the bar early ! We sold out of CD's and even had to sign a couple !! + really nice to see so many people (once again) making the effort to come and a very long (and short) way to see us ! Thanks !

Couple of pointers: Only a few negatives as It was a superb event.. It can only get better....

Sound System + the lights were superb.

Facilities were superb.

DJs were great !

Day time visuals don't really go down that well ! + the lights could have been on a dimmer ? (I know this is a hard one because of safety.)

I think there should have been someone keeping the day going...inbetween the Dj and bands... maybe a local stand - up? letting the passing public know whats coming up next, change to the bill etc...not a problem, just a suggestion...

Mulit-media etc. I was expecting short films? local animations / schools media stuff etc.... contact scottish screen next year (I know someone who could advise!)

Sober jugglers ?

Advertise the free soup > the place would have been mobbed !

Not putting ourselves down, but a named band would have been superb for such an arena..Snow Patrol, Dogs Die, Sons & Daughters etc. esk ? But it was a great line up of bands, just it could have been rammed !

photos and a movie will be up on the kasule site this week....www.kasule.co.uk

cheers

tee kasule

kasule had a great day ! probably our best gig to date... even if we did make a few mistakes ! Thanks to all who kicked about to watch our set and cheers to Ursula Minor for letting us get to the bar early ! We sold out of CD's and even had to sign a couple !! + really nice to see so many people (once again) making the effort to come and a very long (and short) way to see us ! Thanks !

Couple of pointers: Only a few negatives as It was a superb event.. It can only get better....

Sound System + the lights were superb.

Facilities were superb.

DJs were great !

Day time visuals don't really go down that well ! + the lights could have been on a dimmer ? (I know this is a hard one because of safety.)

I think there should have been someone keeping the day going...inbetween the Dj and bands... maybe a local stand - up? letting the passing public know whats coming up next' date=' change to the bill etc...not a problem, just a suggestion...

Mulit-media etc. I was expecting short films? local animations / schools media stuff etc.... contact scottish screen next year (I know someone who could advise!)

Sober jugglers ?

Advertise the free soup > the place would have been mobbed !

Not putting ourselves down, but a named band would have been superb for such an arena..Snow Patrol, Dogs Die, Sons & Daughters etc. esk ? But it was a great line up of bands, just it could have been rammed !

photos and a movie will be up on the kasule site this week....[url']www.kasule.co.uk

cheers

tee kasule

yip all valid points, noted, and most of them we noticed ourselves anyway! being the first one we really didnt know how it was all gonna come together until on the day - so now we take notes, build on it and bring you something even better next time!

shaz

yip all valid points' date=' noted, and most of them we noticed ourselves anyway! being the first one we really didnt know how it was all gonna come together until on the day - so now we take notes, build on it and bring you something even better next time!

shaz[/quote']

I also had some constructive feedback; however . the main criticism is between live music & when the dj's are playing people were popping their heads into the tent but not staying, As Tee said it requires something to bridge the gap, An Aberdonian Thomas Truax would do nicely?

ps did you get my email?

m

A favour...

I love constructive critism. Biggest fan of it... Timing is everything though folks. All valid points but can we maybe just absorb what happened first... The fact that it took place is a 'first for Aberdeen'and it will grow and develop like any young child... I will add that god bless the 'Aberdeen press' for noticing this rather special event! (sarcastic)

I will also add that I have had a few glasses of wine and I am very tired and not sure if I should write this but what the hell.... And we bridged a huge gap!

Jim :kiss::sleeping:

page four in the p&j today had a piece on stuff. rather complimentary. big colourful picture of kathryn sawyers.

Seen it now! Nice.

And I am not pissed off at the critiques by the way! It's just that this took place in Aberdeen! And initialy, that's pretty fucking amazing...

More of the same and even better the next time. Although it won't have Kasule playing...

;(

Seen it now! Nice.

And I am not pissed off at the critiques by the way! It's just that this took place in Aberdeen! And initialy' date=' that's pretty fucking amazing...

More of the same and even better the next time. Although it won't have Kasule playing...

;([/quote']

Although it won't have Kasule playing...

Hope I wasn't too critical .. It was a superb Day... Just next year it will be an Amazing superb day !

tee kasule